Earn 5x Membership Rewards Points on Dining Purchases for NYC Restaurant Week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express is making it easy to earn bonus points while dining out during New York City Restaurant Week. For the NYC’s 2018 Restaurant Week, which runs from January 22 to February 9, you can register your Membership Rewards-earning Amex card to earn 5x points on your restaurant purchases.
To enroll in the promotion and earn 5x points on Restaurant Week purchases, register your card through the Amex site. Amex breaks the promotion down as 4x bonus points in addition to the standard 1x points earned from your card — for a total of 5x points. Unfortunately, there is a maximum to the number of points you can earn from this promotion, and it’s pretty low. You can only earn a maximum of 1,000 bonus Membership Rewards points — or $250 in spend. Also note that you can only register one card per Amex account.
This isn’t a targeted offer, so anyone can register. If you’re planning on being in New York during Restaurant Week, it’s definitely worth signing up for. Restaurant Week features $29 lunch or $42 dinner for three courses at select restaurants. For a full list of participating restaurants where you can earn 5x points, visit this page.
For 2017’s NYC Restaurant Week, Amex offered cardholders the ability to save $5 for spending $35. This year’s 5x points is a nice alternative for the increased earning, however, the cap is pretty low.
New York City isn’t the only Restaurant Week with a special deal from Amex. As Dan’s Deals points out, you can get $10 off a $30 purchase at Los Angeles Restaurant Week.
H/T: Dan’s Deals
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees