Earn 5x Membership Rewards Points on Dining Purchases for NYC Restaurant Week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express is making it easy to earn bonus points while dining out during New York City Restaurant Week. For the NYC’s 2018 Restaurant Week, which runs from January 22 to February 9, you can register your Membership Rewards-earning Amex card to earn 5x points on your restaurant purchases.
To enroll in the promotion and earn 5x points on Restaurant Week purchases, register your card through the Amex site. Amex breaks the promotion down as 4x bonus points in addition to the standard 1x points earned from your card — for a total of 5x points. Unfortunately, there is a maximum to the number of points you can earn from this promotion, and it’s pretty low. You can only earn a maximum of 1,000 bonus Membership Rewards points — or $250 in spend. Also note that you can only register one card per Amex account.
This isn’t a targeted offer, so anyone can register. If you’re planning on being in New York during Restaurant Week, it’s definitely worth signing up for. Restaurant Week features $29 lunch or $42 dinner for three courses at select restaurants. For a full list of participating restaurants where you can earn 5x points, visit this page.
For 2017’s NYC Restaurant Week, Amex offered cardholders the ability to save $5 for spending $35. This year’s 5x points is a nice alternative for the increased earning, however, the cap is pretty low.
New York City isn’t the only Restaurant Week with a special deal from Amex. As Dan’s Deals points out, you can get $10 off a $30 purchase at Los Angeles Restaurant Week.
H/T: Dan’s Deals
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees