This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For points and miles enthusiasts, having points expire is one of the worst things that can happen. Hilton has long been known to have one of the more customer-unfriendly expiration policies in the hotel industry by not allowing members a way through which they could retrieve any expired points. However, the program has just introduced wording in its terms and conditions that now allows Honors members to reinstate some of their expired points.
Here’s the new reinstatement policy, in Hilton Honors’ words:
“Hilton Honors members can reinstate up to 1,000,000 expired Hilton Honors points. Only points balances that have expired in the previous 18 months are eligible for reinstatement. Only one reinstatement transaction is permitted per Hilton Honors account. Email address is required and will only be used for transaction and marketing communications related to this purchase. Points reinstated do not count towards elite tier qualification. Points.com and Hilton Honors reserves the right to terminate this reinstatement program at any time.”
The program’s expiration policy will remain the same. Your points will expire if there is no account activity within 12 months. Honors counts activity as staying at one of its properties or earning or redeeming Hilton Honors points. This new ability to reinstate up to 1,000,000 points is a great addition from the Honors program, though you will have to pay to do so.
The Hilton Honors program underwent a major program overhaul earlier this year. With the change, the program introduced new Points & Money redemption options, the ability to pool points and to shop at Amazon with points.
Featured image by Hilton.
H/T: View From the Wing
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that