Fairmont President’s Club and Le Club AccorHotels to Become One Program in 2018
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In December 2015, AccorHotels announced its plan to acquire Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Including its Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel brands, the FHRI company cost Accor 46.7 million new shares and a cash payment of $840 million. Since the announcement, however, there hadn’t been many updates on the loyalty front. Now, almost two years to the date since the original news, the two have announced that Fairmont President’s Club will be folded into Le Club AccorHotels, effective July 2, 2018.
If you have status with Fairmont President’s Club, your status will be matched to an equivalent level in the Le Club AccorHotels program. Here’s what the match looks like:
If you have status with both President’s Club and Le Club AccorHotels, there’s a more convoluted chart. You can find it here.
Once the programs are merged on July 2, 2018, members will earn at the following levels:
- Classic members earn 25 points per 10 euro
- Silver members earn 31 points per 10 euro
- Gold members earn 37 points per 10 euro
- Platinum members earn 44 points per 10 euro
In TPG’s recent analysis of the top 10 best hotel loyalty programs in the world, Le Club AccorHotels finished in the middle of the pack at No. 5. Its high ranking was thanks mostly to the high value of its points at around 2.4 cents apiece.
As reported by View From the Wing, when the merger of the loyalty programs is complete in 2018, Fairmont President’s Club elite members will see the elimination of two popular benefits. As part of the Le Club AccorHotels, elites will no longer get guaranteed late checkout, and suite upgrades are no longer a perk. Instead, Gold and Platinum members of Le Club AccorHotels will get an upgrade to the next best room or room category, subject to availability.
Members of both programs are getting plenty of warning with this announcement, as the finalization of the merger and loyalty programs isn’t until July. While Fairmont members will be sad to see some of their favorite perks go, the portfolio of the combined program will be larger with more options. You can check this site for full details on the merger and what it means for members of both programs.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees