Earn 5x points on fee-free gift Visa cards now on sale at Staples
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Editor’s note: This post is regularly updated with the latest promotion information.
One of our favorite promotions is back, with Staples offering waived purchase fees on its $200 Visa gift cards. Here are the details:
- Offer valid Feb. 23 – 29, 2020
- Limited to one gift card per customer
- Waived $7 purchase fee
- Available in-store only
One of the easiest ways to earn points is through buying gift cards — though be warned: banks have been known to claw back points if they think people are abusing the system. However, this offer is limited to a single card per customer, which shouldn’t cause alarm. These cards are pin-enabled, which means you can utilize them on just about anything you’d normally use a debit card, including bill pay.
Which card should I use?
With waived purchase fees, you’re essentially earning free money on these gift cards when you maximize your spend. Staples codes as an office supply store, which means that the Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card, which earns 5% cash back at office supply stores (on the first $25,000 in combined account purchases per account anniversary year), is your best bet. Right now, the card is offering a $500 bonus (or 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points if you’re a Sapphire cardholder) after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
The Ink Business Plus (no longer open to new applicants) also earns 5x if you managed to snag one before applications closed.
Staples tends to be pretty generous with its sales on gift cards, and a no-fee purchase is certainly one of our favorites. Use a card that maximizes rewards in order to earn free points on your purchase, now through Feb. 29, 2020.
Featured photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.