Cyber Monday Deal: Get 20% Off United Award Tickets to Hawaii
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
In honor of Cyber Monday, United is offering a discount on travel to Hawaii for a limited time. Start planning your getaway to the 50th state and get 20% off round-trip award bookings.
As part of this Cyber Monday deal, you must book by December 8, 2017, for travel between January 7 and March 10, 2018. Normally, a round-trip award between the mainland US and Hawaii costs 45,000 MileagePlus miles. However, with the 20% discount, you can find round-trip awards for as few as 36,000 miles.
To search, just head to United’s website and search for award travel during the eligible dates or travel. Here are some examples of what you can book:
Denver (DEN) to Kona (KOA) for 36,000 miles + $11.20 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Honolulu (HNL) for 36,000 miles + $11.20 round-trip:
New York (EWR) to Kahului (OGG) for 36,000 miles + $11.20 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Lihue (LIH) for 36,000 miles + $11.20 round-trip:
Washington, DC (IAD) to Honolulu (HNL) for 36,000 miles + $11.20 round-trip:
We’re seeing pretty wide availability on all of the searched routes. Keep in mind that this sale is valid for all of United’s Hawaii destinations when booked as a round-trip.
If you’re looking to take advantage, remember that you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points instantly to United MileagePlus at a 1:1 ratio. In addition, since this promotion is valid through December 8, you could consider signing up for a card like the United MileagePlus Explorer Card, which comes with a sign-up bonus of 40,000 miles after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
Featured image by James R.D. Scott / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees