Best Western Launches Another Collection of Independent Hotels
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This latest launch (which is the company’s 11th brand in total) follows the premiere of two other “soft brands:” SureStay Collection and BW Premier Collection.
According to WBIR, SureStay Collection by Best Western represents “upper economy and midscale brands” and the BW Premier Collection encompasses “upper upscale hotels.” A press release from Best Western describes the BW Signature Collection as “upper midscale.”
“Most of the interest in new hotel construction is in the upscale and upper midscale segment,” Best Western CEO David Kong said recently to USA TODAY. “It’s a segment that has a lot of potential for us as a soft brand.”
Vermont’s Killington Mountain Lodge and New York’s Brooklyn Way Hotel are said to be the first to team up with the BW Signature Collection. The hotels get to take advantage of Best Western’s loyalty program, reservations, and marketing tactics, all driving more sales to their individual properties. Since the hotels will have full access to the Best Western Rewards program, guests should be able to earn and redeem points for their stays. We’ve reached out to the chain for confirmation, but have yet to hear back.
“An increasing number of hotels in North America and overseas are going independent because they want flexibility and freedom from brand requirements, but they are also looking for an alternate source of business, a loyalty program, and a robust reservation system,” Kong states on the company’s official website. “No one is offering a soft brand in the upper midscale segment right now, so by diversifying our offerings in the space, it is clearly an opportunity for us to capture market share and achieve scale.”
For over 65 years, Best Western has offered only one brand to its customers. It has now grown into several brands that target a wider audience. It doesn’t look like it’s stopping this expansion anytime soon, either.
Featured image courtesy of the Killington Mountain Lodge’s website.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees