This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Several months ago, Hyatt and Chase altered the sign-up bonus for the Hyatt Credit Card. In the past, you earned two free nights at any Hyatt property worldwide after meeting the spend requirement, though the current offer is 40,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 within the first three months of account opening.
Now, there’s a new way to earn a significant amount of bonus points on top of that sign-up bonus. If you’re targeted for this offer, you can earn up to 50,000 bonus points for referring friends to the card. You’ll receive 10,000 bonus points for each referral that is approved for the card. Note that you can earn a maximum of 50,000 points for referrals per year.
Based on TPG’s latest valuations, each batch of 10,000 points is worth $180, which is a pretty great value already, and if you’re able to maximize the promotion and earn all 50,000 points, you’d get a value of $900. Thanks to Hyatt’s generous award chart, those points can get you two nights at one of the chain’s top properties, the Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa.
If you’re a Hyatt credit cardmember and are targeted for this offer, you should be receiving an email today (November 9). Be sure to keep an eye on your inbox, as it’s definitely worth putting in the effort to refer friends or family. If you’re targeted, you’ll be able to invite them to apply via Twitter, email or a personalized link. Those whom you refer will be offered the current sign-up bonus of 40,000 points after spending $2,000 within the first three months of account opening.
Were you targeted for this offer from Hyatt and Chase?
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees