This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Several months ago, Hyatt and Chase altered the sign-up bonus for the Hyatt Credit Card. In the past, you earned two free nights at any Hyatt property worldwide after meeting the spend requirement, though the current offer is 40,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 within the first three months of account opening.
Now, there’s a new way to earn a significant amount of bonus points on top of that sign-up bonus. If you’re targeted for this offer, you can earn up to 50,000 bonus points for referring friends to the card. You’ll receive 10,000 bonus points for each referral that is approved for the card. Note that you can earn a maximum of 50,000 points for referrals per year.
Based on TPG’s latest valuations, each batch of 10,000 points is worth $180, which is a pretty great value already, and if you’re able to maximize the promotion and earn all 50,000 points, you’d get a value of $900. Thanks to Hyatt’s generous award chart, those points can get you two nights at one of the chain’s top properties, the Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa.
If you’re a Hyatt credit cardmember and are targeted for this offer, you should be receiving an email today (November 9). Be sure to keep an eye on your inbox, as it’s definitely worth putting in the effort to refer friends or family. If you’re targeted, you’ll be able to invite them to apply via Twitter, email or a personalized link. Those whom you refer will be offered the current sign-up bonus of 40,000 points after spending $2,000 within the first three months of account opening.
Were you targeted for this offer from Hyatt and Chase?
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards