This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Nothing is better than going to Disney as a kid (or any age, for that matter). It doesn’t matter if you’re visiting Florida or California, you’re still in the most magical place on Earth whenever you’re on one of Disney’s properties. The Mickey Mouse empire has grown to several countries — most recently with two locations in Asia: Shanghai and Hong Kong. And based off the video below, the two locations are quickly widening the margin for the most Magical Place on Earth.
While the video says it’s just featuring the Disney park in Shanghai, it’s actually a mix of shots from both Hong Kong and Shanghai’s Magic Kingdoms (we’re okay with that if it means more Disney). All the rides at these parks are updated versions of Disney classics like Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion. Except they’ve been built with the most advanced technology to date — unlike the American parks which have remained unchanged for many decades. The Pirates of the Caribbean ride is so advanced, it makes you feel like you’re a part of the adventure, riding on the Black Pearl with Captain Jack Sparrow. There are roller coasters rides to honor some of Disney’s more recent hits like Tron and Iron Man too.
Disney Shanghai, which only opened in June 2016, has had a tremendous wave of tourists in its first year alone. The company said that within one year of opening its gates, Shanghai Disney drew more than 11 million visitors. There’s no excuse not to jump on the bandwagon — these two parks are the perfect excuse to make a trip to Shanghai and Hong Kong. If not to see how far technology has come since you were a kid, then to see if these Asian theme parks measure up to its magical status.
Featured image by Getty; video courtesy of Facebook.
Have you visited one of the Disney theme parks in Asia? Let us know in the comments below.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees