This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Nothing is better than going to Disney as a kid (or any age, for that matter). It doesn’t matter if you’re visiting Florida or California, you’re still in the most magical place on Earth whenever you’re on one of Disney’s properties. The Mickey Mouse empire has grown to several countries — most recently with two locations in Asia: Shanghai and Hong Kong. And based off the video below, the two locations are quickly widening the margin for the most Magical Place on Earth.
While the video says it’s just featuring the Disney park in Shanghai, it’s actually a mix of shots from both Hong Kong and Shanghai’s Magic Kingdoms (we’re okay with that if it means more Disney). All the rides at these parks are updated versions of Disney classics like Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion. Except they’ve been built with the most advanced technology to date — unlike the American parks which have remained unchanged for many decades. The Pirates of the Caribbean ride is so advanced, it makes you feel like you’re a part of the adventure, riding on the Black Pearl with Captain Jack Sparrow. There are roller coasters rides to honor some of Disney’s more recent hits like Tron and Iron Man too.
Disney Shanghai, which only opened in June 2016, has had a tremendous wave of tourists in its first year alone. The company said that within one year of opening its gates, Shanghai Disney drew more than 11 million visitors. There’s no excuse not to jump on the bandwagon — these two parks are the perfect excuse to make a trip to Shanghai and Hong Kong. If not to see how far technology has come since you were a kid, then to see if these Asian theme parks measure up to its magical status.
Featured image by Getty; video courtesy of Facebook.
Have you visited one of the Disney theme parks in Asia? Let us know in the comments below.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards