This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Nothing is better than going to Disney as a kid (or any age, for that matter). It doesn’t matter if you’re visiting Florida or California, you’re still in the most magical place on Earth whenever you’re on one of Disney’s properties. The Mickey Mouse empire has grown to several countries — most recently with two locations in Asia: Shanghai and Hong Kong. And based off the video below, the two locations are quickly widening the margin for the most Magical Place on Earth.
While the video says it’s just featuring the Disney park in Shanghai, it’s actually a mix of shots from both Hong Kong and Shanghai’s Magic Kingdoms (we’re okay with that if it means more Disney). All the rides at these parks are updated versions of Disney classics like Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion. Except they’ve been built with the most advanced technology to date — unlike the American parks which have remained unchanged for many decades. The Pirates of the Caribbean ride is so advanced, it makes you feel like you’re a part of the adventure, riding on the Black Pearl with Captain Jack Sparrow. There are roller coasters rides to honor some of Disney’s more recent hits like Tron and Iron Man too.
Disney Shanghai, which only opened in June 2016, has had a tremendous wave of tourists in its first year alone. The company said that within one year of opening its gates, Shanghai Disney drew more than 11 million visitors. There’s no excuse not to jump on the bandwagon — these two parks are the perfect excuse to make a trip to Shanghai and Hong Kong. If not to see how far technology has come since you were a kid, then to see if these Asian theme parks measure up to its magical status.
Featured image by Getty; video courtesy of Facebook.
Have you visited one of the Disney theme parks in Asia? Let us know in the comments below.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees