Disney Theme Parks in Asia Continue to Draw Visitors
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Nothing is better than going to Disney as a kid (or any age, for that matter). It doesn’t matter if you’re visiting Florida or California, you’re still in the most magical place on Earth whenever you’re on one of Disney’s properties. The Mickey Mouse empire has grown to several countries — most recently with two locations in Asia: Shanghai and Hong Kong. And based off the video below, the two locations are quickly widening the margin for the most Magical Place on Earth.
While the video says it’s just featuring the Disney park in Shanghai, it’s actually a mix of shots from both Hong Kong and Shanghai’s Magic Kingdoms (we’re okay with that if it means more Disney). All the rides at these parks are updated versions of Disney classics like Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion. Except they’ve been built with the most advanced technology to date — unlike the American parks which have remained unchanged for many decades. The Pirates of the Caribbean ride is so advanced, it makes you feel like you’re a part of the adventure, riding on the Black Pearl with Captain Jack Sparrow. There are roller coasters rides to honor some of Disney’s more recent hits like Tron and Iron Man too.
Disney Shanghai, which only opened in June 2016, has had a tremendous wave of tourists in its first year alone. The company said that within one year of opening its gates, Shanghai Disney drew more than 11 million visitors. There’s no excuse not to jump on the bandwagon — these two parks are the perfect excuse to make a trip to Shanghai and Hong Kong. If not to see how far technology has come since you were a kid, then to see if these Asian theme parks measure up to its magical status.
Featured image by Getty; video courtesy of Facebook.
Have you visited one of the Disney theme parks in Asia? Let us know in the comments below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees