Disney Theme Parks in Asia Continue to Draw Visitors
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Nothing is better than going to Disney as a kid (or any age, for that matter). It doesn’t matter if you’re visiting Florida or California, you’re still in the most magical place on Earth whenever you’re on one of Disney’s properties. The Mickey Mouse empire has grown to several countries — most recently with two locations in Asia: Shanghai and Hong Kong. And based off the video below, the two locations are quickly widening the margin for the most Magical Place on Earth.
While the video says it’s just featuring the Disney park in Shanghai, it’s actually a mix of shots from both Hong Kong and Shanghai’s Magic Kingdoms (we’re okay with that if it means more Disney). All the rides at these parks are updated versions of Disney classics like Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion. Except they’ve been built with the most advanced technology to date — unlike the American parks which have remained unchanged for many decades. The Pirates of the Caribbean ride is so advanced, it makes you feel like you’re a part of the adventure, riding on the Black Pearl with Captain Jack Sparrow. There are roller coasters rides to honor some of Disney’s more recent hits like Tron and Iron Man too.
Disney Shanghai, which only opened in June 2016, has had a tremendous wave of tourists in its first year alone. The company said that within one year of opening its gates, Shanghai Disney drew more than 11 million visitors. There’s no excuse not to jump on the bandwagon — these two parks are the perfect excuse to make a trip to Shanghai and Hong Kong. If not to see how far technology has come since you were a kid, then to see if these Asian theme parks measure up to its magical status.
Featured image by Getty; video courtesy of Facebook.
Have you visited one of the Disney theme parks in Asia? Let us know in the comments below.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.