Deal Alert: US Cities to Paris and Zurich From $399 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Low-cost carriers such as Norwegian and Icelandair have forced the bigger legacy carriers — American, Delta and United — to compete on wide swath a number of transatlantic routes. As a result, we’re seeing great deals to Europe on a regular basis. Today is a perfect example, as the three US carriers are offering low prices to both Paris, France (CDG) and Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH) from over half a dozen US cities starting as low as $399 round-trip.
Depending on the route, you’ll find these fares departing as soon as next month or as late as August of next year. You don’t need any tricks to get these prices, so just use Google Flights to find the dates you want, then book on Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline itself. Also, since these are international itineraries on full services carriers, you’ll get your first checked bag free and even a complimentary meal during the flight.
Airlines: American Airlines, Delta, United
Routes: NYC/ORD/PHL/MIA/SEA/DEN/SFO to CDG/ZRH
Cost: $399+ round-trip in economy
Dates: November 2017 through August 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH) for $399 round-trip via Orbitz:
Chicago O’Hare (ORD) to Paris, France (CDG) for $406 round-trip via Orbitz:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Zurich (ZRH) for $414 round-trip via Orbitz:
Miami (MIA) to Zurich (ZRH) for $414 round-trip via Orbitz:
Seattle (SEA) to Zurich (ZRH) for $414 round-trip via Orbitz:
Denver (DEN) to Paris (CDG) for $437 round-trip via Orbitz:
San Francisco (SFO) to Paris (CDG) for $444 round-trip via Orbitz:
Maximize Your Purchase
Be sure to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below.
H/T: Secret Flying
Featured image of Zurich by Achim Thomae/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,000 properties. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees