This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Altitude Reserve Card from U.S. Bank offers customers an unusual perk — bonus points for mobile wallet purchases — and now Chase is doing the same. Through November 4, 2017, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Sapphire Reserve and Sapphire cardholders will be eligible to earn one bonus point per $1 spent on mobile wallet purchases, up to 1,500 bonus points.
All mobile wallet purchases are eligible when processed through Apple Pay, Android Pay, Chase Pay and Samsung Pay, including purchases made by authorized users.
TPG values Ultimate Rewards points at 2.2 cents apiece, so you have an opportunity to earn a bonus worth up to $33 through this promotion — hardly earth-shattering, but worth a bit of effort nonetheless.
This bonus offer is on top of any category bonuses available through your card. So if you make a travel or dining purchase through a mobile wallet using your Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, you’ll earn a total of 4 points per dollar on the first $1,500 spent through November 4. Not a bad deal!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees