This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Altitude Reserve Card from U.S. Bank offers customers an unusual perk — bonus points for mobile wallet purchases — and now Chase is doing the same. Through November 4, 2017, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Sapphire Reserve and Sapphire cardholders will be eligible to earn one bonus point per $1 spent on mobile wallet purchases, up to 1,500 bonus points.
All mobile wallet purchases are eligible when processed through Apple Pay, Android Pay, Chase Pay and Samsung Pay, including purchases made by authorized users.
TPG values Ultimate Rewards points at 2.2 cents apiece, so you have an opportunity to earn a bonus worth up to $33 through this promotion — hardly earth-shattering, but worth a bit of effort nonetheless.
This bonus offer is on top of any category bonuses available through your card. So if you make a travel or dining purchase through a mobile wallet using your Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, you’ll earn a total of 4 points per dollar on the first $1,500 spent through November 4. Not a bad deal!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards