Check to See If You Were Targeted for Free AAdvantage Gold or Platinum Status
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is targeting some of its AAdvantage members with free status. It appears the carrier is handing out complimentary Platinum and Gold status to enjoy for the next few months to select members.
If you were targeted via email, you’ll get the Gold or Platinum status through December 22, 2017 — almost three full months of status. If you were lucky enough to get targeted for the complimentary status, you must register by October 2, 2017 with the promotion code provided for the specific offer for which you were targeted.
It’ll be worth checking the spam folder of the email associated with your AAdvantage account to ensure your targeted offer didn’t end up there. In addition, you can check manually to see if you were targeted for the offer by visiting this page, clicking the Register Now link and entering your AAdvantage information. You’ll then be asked to enter a promotion code. Try both HVPRG (Platinum) or HVSGU (Gold).
Has anyone been targeted to receive complimentary elite status from American Airlines?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.