Want to Fly for $7? Get Yourself to Europe and You Can
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
European low-cost carrier Ryanair has had a rough couple of weeks, creating problems for thousands of passengers when it canceled more than 2,300 flights. Now, the carrier is trying to make amends by offering deeply discounted flights — some as little as £5 (~$6.75) one-way.
To try and make up for the cancellations, which were caused by a pilot shortage and lack of planning around pilot vacations, the carrier is holding a One Million Seats sale with slashed fares. Ryanair is advertising fares as low as €9.99, however we’re finding lower fares on select routes. You’ll find the reduced fares for travel between October 2017 and February 2018.
— Ryanair (@Ryanair) September 24, 2017
For example, you can fly from London’s Stansted Airport (STN) to Grenoble, France (GNB) for £4.99 in October.
Prices as part of this sale average around £9.79 for many routes, which is a steal if you’re able to take advantage. (And, of course, assuming a pilot shows up and your flight doesn’t get canceled.) For example, this flight between Dublin (DUB) and Paris Beauvais (BVA) in October:
… or from Cologne (CGN) to Barcelona (BCN) for €9.99 in November:
It appears Ryanair is trying to make good with is customers and attempting to make flyers give the carrier another chance. Since the announcement that Ryanair would be cancelling flights en masse over the course of several weeks, CEO Michael O’Leary has faced backlash. Although he appeared apologetic toward customers, travelers were still understandably frustrated with their travel plans being nixed because of a lack of planning on the part of Ryanair.
If you are or plan to be in Europe and willing to give Ryanair a try, this could very well be worth looking into. It’s not often that you’ll find one-way fares for less than $7, so book now before they’re gone. Keep in mind that although you won’t be paying much for the ticket, the carrier’s fee-heavy policies are still around.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees