JetBlue Capping Florida Flights at $99 Ahead of Hurricane Irma
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Getting out of the path of Hurricane Irma is becoming increasingly difficult — and more expensive. But, if you’re not looking to empty your wallet or fork over a ton of points and miles, JetBlue is doing good by capping its ticket prices at $99 for flights from every Florida city it serves.
For last-minute seats from its Florida cities, JetBlue will charge a maximum of $99 on nonstop flights and a maximum of $159 on connecting flights. As reported by Yahoo Finance, the New York-based carrier has also added flights to its schedule out of select cities where there are aircraft available. The shockingly low fares include government taxes.
JetBlue’s Florida markets include Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Jacksonville (JAX), Tampa (TPA), Sarasota (SRQ), Fort Myers (RSW), Daytona Beach (DAB), Orlando (MCO) and West Palm Beach (PBI).
A quick search shows that there are still some flights available — showing at the promised rate. For example, this flight from Fort Myers (RSW) to New York (JFK) on Saturday, September 9 will run you just $98 — or 9,400 TrueBlue points + $5.60.
Flights out of the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area may be harder to come by, but there are some other options if you’re willing to drive. Plus, if JetBlue adds more flights, there’s the possibility that you could get on board one of the new trips.
This is an admirable move on JetBlue’s end. When one-way fares on other carriers are soaring to more than $1,000, JetBlue is capping that cost for those who need to get out quickly.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees