JetBlue Capping Florida Flights at $99 Ahead of Hurricane Irma
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Getting out of the path of Hurricane Irma is becoming increasingly difficult — and more expensive. But, if you’re not looking to empty your wallet or fork over a ton of points and miles, JetBlue is doing good by capping its ticket prices at $99 for flights from every Florida city it serves.
For last-minute seats from its Florida cities, JetBlue will charge a maximum of $99 on nonstop flights and a maximum of $159 on connecting flights. As reported by Yahoo Finance, the New York-based carrier has also added flights to its schedule out of select cities where there are aircraft available. The shockingly low fares include government taxes.
JetBlue’s Florida markets include Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Jacksonville (JAX), Tampa (TPA), Sarasota (SRQ), Fort Myers (RSW), Daytona Beach (DAB), Orlando (MCO) and West Palm Beach (PBI).
A quick search shows that there are still some flights available — showing at the promised rate. For example, this flight from Fort Myers (RSW) to New York (JFK) on Saturday, September 9 will run you just $98 — or 9,400 TrueBlue points + $5.60.
Flights out of the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area may be harder to come by, but there are some other options if you’re willing to drive. Plus, if JetBlue adds more flights, there’s the possibility that you could get on board one of the new trips.
This is an admirable move on JetBlue’s end. When one-way fares on other carriers are soaring to more than $1,000, JetBlue is capping that cost for those who need to get out quickly.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.