Delta Waives Pet Fees for Hurricane Irma Evacuees
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Among the choices of what to bring with you when evacuating, the furry (and reptile) members of your family usually are near the top of many people’s lists. However, if you’re evacuating by air, families face the added expense and trouble of having to pay for these family members to come along — in addition to what could be extraordinarily high costs for the humans’ tickets.
That is, unless you’re evacuating on Delta. Now through September 12, Delta is waiving all pet-in-cabin and checked pet baggage fees for travelers leaving from — or returning to — 27 airports across Florida, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, the Virgin Islands and the Bahamas.
Here’s a map of the covered airports:
There are no stated restrictions on the distance that you can travel with these waived fees. However, if you’re crossing national borders, you’ll want to be sure to check regulations and bring required documentation to ensure that your pet will be able to enter the country with you.
As animal lovers here at TPG, we applaud this move by Delta. While evacuees would be likely to pay whatever fees are required to keep their pets with them, this gesture demonstrates that the airline is doing what it can to make evacuating a bit easier.
Featured image by Auscape / Getty Images
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.