Air Berlin to Cancel All Long-Haul Flights From Berlin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The situation is deteriorating rapidly at bankrupt German carrier Air Berlin. Last week, we reported that the airline would scrap some of its international routes to and from Berlin’s Tegel Airport, but come this time next month, all long-haul service will come to a halt.
As reported by Wandering Aramean, service will be discontinued on the following schedule:
- New York City – September 25, 2017
- Miami – September 25, 2017
- Chicago – September 30, 2017
- Los Angeles – October 1, 2017
- San Francisco – October 1, 2017
- Abu Dhabi – September 17 and October 1, 2017 (staged shutdown of 2x daily flights)
Air Berlin will continue to operate some long-haul flights from its Dusseldorf hub, but Orlando will be scrapped on September 25 and Boston on October 1, 2017. If you’re booked on Air Berlin for travel to/from the above destinations on or after the aforementioned dates, be sure to contact the airline that issued your ticket to request reaccommodation or a refund.
For more on how to deal with your particular travel situation, see What You Can Do When Your Airline Goes Belly Up.
Are you planning to fly long-haul with Air Berlin?
Featured image courtesy of FG/Bauer-Griffin via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees