Air Berlin to Cancel All Long-Haul Flights From Berlin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The situation is deteriorating rapidly at bankrupt German carrier Air Berlin. Last week, we reported that the airline would scrap some of its international routes to and from Berlin’s Tegel Airport, but come this time next month, all long-haul service will come to a halt.
As reported by Wandering Aramean, service will be discontinued on the following schedule:
- New York City – September 25, 2017
- Miami – September 25, 2017
- Chicago – September 30, 2017
- Los Angeles – October 1, 2017
- San Francisco – October 1, 2017
- Abu Dhabi – September 17 and October 1, 2017 (staged shutdown of 2x daily flights)
Air Berlin will continue to operate some long-haul flights from its Dusseldorf hub, but Orlando will be scrapped on September 25 and Boston on October 1, 2017. If you’re booked on Air Berlin for travel to/from the above destinations on or after the aforementioned dates, be sure to contact the airline that issued your ticket to request reaccommodation or a refund.
For more on how to deal with your particular travel situation, see What You Can Do When Your Airline Goes Belly Up.
Are you planning to fly long-haul with Air Berlin?
Featured image courtesy of FG/Bauer-Griffin via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.