Air Berlin to Cancel All Long-Haul Flights From Berlin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The situation is deteriorating rapidly at bankrupt German carrier Air Berlin. Last week, we reported that the airline would scrap some of its international routes to and from Berlin’s Tegel Airport, but come this time next month, all long-haul service will come to a halt.
As reported by Wandering Aramean, service will be discontinued on the following schedule:
- New York City – September 25, 2017
- Miami – September 25, 2017
- Chicago – September 30, 2017
- Los Angeles – October 1, 2017
- San Francisco – October 1, 2017
- Abu Dhabi – September 17 and October 1, 2017 (staged shutdown of 2x daily flights)
Air Berlin will continue to operate some long-haul flights from its Dusseldorf hub, but Orlando will be scrapped on September 25 and Boston on October 1, 2017. If you’re booked on Air Berlin for travel to/from the above destinations on or after the aforementioned dates, be sure to contact the airline that issued your ticket to request reaccommodation or a refund.
For more on how to deal with your particular travel situation, see What You Can Do When Your Airline Goes Belly Up.
Are you planning to fly long-haul with Air Berlin?
Featured image courtesy of FG/Bauer-Griffin via Getty Images.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee