This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
AwardHacker’s interface is simple. You input where you want to go, if it’s one-way or round-trip, what class of service you want to travel in and how many stops you’re willing to make. Plus, you can further personalize your results by selecting what point or mile currencies you have.
Say you’re interested in traveling from New York to Paris round-trip in business class and have too many Chase Ultimate Rewards points that you don’t know what to do with. You could enter all of your selections, allow AwardHacker to conduct its search and then get your options. Then, if you’re interested in one of the results, the site will show you the steps you need to take in order to redeem your points for that award.
There are some downsides to AwardHacker, but thankfully, it’s trying to add new features. For example, after running a search, you won’t be able to see the fuel surcharges and tax information for your award ticket or when there is availability. On the plus side, AwardHacker plans to continue adding more frequent flyer programs to its system to expand search results.
Featured image by Hero Image via Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees