This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A couple of weeks ago, we told you about a new Chrome extension that adds legroom to Google Flights search results. At the end of the post, we called for Google Flights to add a filter for basic economy. While we are still waiting for that call to be answered, the creator of Legrooms for Google Flights has stepped up to help.
In the newest version of the app, you’ll see if a fare has restrictive carry-on baggage policies right in the search results:
This is a great way to see at a glance which options to potentially avoid if you’re not loyal to just one airline.
For those without status, remember that your co-branded airline card can defeat the no-carry-on restrictions with the legacy carriers. So, seeing the no bags logo might only mean that you don’t get to pre-select your seat at this price, as your co-branded card will get you a checked bag and a carry-on bag as well.
If you’ve already downloaded the extension, it should update automatically. For those who haven’t added the extension, you can do so here. It’s a one-and-done task that takes less than a minute to set up and will change all of your Google Flights results going forward.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards