This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A couple of weeks ago, we told you about a new Chrome extension that adds legroom to Google Flights search results. At the end of the post, we called for Google Flights to add a filter for basic economy. While we are still waiting for that call to be answered, the creator of Legrooms for Google Flights has stepped up to help.
In the newest version of the app, you’ll see if a fare has restrictive carry-on baggage policies right in the search results:
This is a great way to see at a glance which options to potentially avoid if you’re not loyal to just one airline.
For those without status, remember that your co-branded airline card can defeat the no-carry-on restrictions with the legacy carriers. So, seeing the no bags logo might only mean that you don’t get to pre-select your seat at this price, as your co-branded card will get you a checked bag and a carry-on bag as well.
If you’ve already downloaded the extension, it should update automatically. For those who haven’t added the extension, you can do so here. It’s a one-and-done task that takes less than a minute to set up and will change all of your Google Flights results going forward.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees