Tip: This Chrome Extension Flags Carry-On Fees in Google Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A couple of weeks ago, we told you about a new Chrome extension that adds legroom to Google Flights search results. At the end of the post, we called for Google Flights to add a filter for basic economy. While we are still waiting for that call to be answered, the creator of Legrooms for Google Flights has stepped up to help.
In the newest version of the app, you’ll see if a fare has restrictive carry-on baggage policies right in the search results:
This is a great way to see at a glance which options to potentially avoid if you’re not loyal to just one airline.
For those without status, remember that your co-branded airline card can defeat the no-carry-on restrictions with the legacy carriers. So, seeing the no bags logo might only mean that you don’t get to pre-select your seat at this price, as your co-branded card will get you a checked bag and a carry-on bag as well.
If you’ve already downloaded the extension, it should update automatically. For those who haven’t added the extension, you can do so here. It’s a one-and-done task that takes less than a minute to set up and will change all of your Google Flights results going forward.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.