Get 25% off JetBlue Award Flights This Fall
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
JetBlue has announced a promotion offering 25% off award flights this fall. When using TrueBlue points, travelers will pay 25% less than normal for flights from September 6 through November 7, 2017. Make sure you act soon, as you have to book travel by 11:59pm on Saturday, August 26. You won’t have to register for this deal, as discounted flights are already loading in JetBlue’s system. Unfortunately it appears that JetBlue Mint award tickets are not discounted.
JetBlue’s TrueBlue program is revenue-based, meaning points have a fixed value and award prices are based on the cash rates for flights. Usually this is pegged at about 1.5 cents per point, but with the promo it makes them worth almost 1.9 cents apiece. On top of that, if you’re a JetBlue Plus cardholder, you’ll receive another 10% back on point redemptions. With this combo you could be getting 2.1 cents per point in value or your points would be worth 35% more.
Here’s an example of what you can book. For travel on September 5 before the promo hit, one-way flights from New York (JFK) to Boston (BOS) were being sold for $112 or 7,200 points + $5.60 in taxes. Here you’re getting about 1.5 cents per point in value.
But if you skip to the next day when the promo kicks in, where one-way flights from New York to Boston are still $112, you’ll only be paying 5,500 points + $5.60 in taxes. Here you’re getting about 2 cents per point in value.
This could be a great use of TrueBlue points, especially since their fixed value make them hard to “maximize.” We’re seeing one-way flights go for as little at 1,600 points + $5.60 in taxes, like on the Long Beach (LGB) to San Francisco (SFO) route. These flights were going for $43.20, making your points worth 2.35 cents apiece.
If you’re in need of some TrueBlue points, you can sign up for the JetBlue Plus card and you’ll receive 30,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 in the first three months of account opening. The no-annual fee JetBlue Card will net you 10,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 in first 90 days.
Featured image by JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.