Get 25% off JetBlue Award Flights This Fall
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
JetBlue has announced a promotion offering 25% off award flights this fall. When using TrueBlue points, travelers will pay 25% less than normal for flights from September 6 through November 7, 2017. Make sure you act soon, as you have to book travel by 11:59pm on Saturday, August 26. You won’t have to register for this deal, as discounted flights are already loading in JetBlue’s system. Unfortunately it appears that JetBlue Mint award tickets are not discounted.
JetBlue’s TrueBlue program is revenue-based, meaning points have a fixed value and award prices are based on the cash rates for flights. Usually this is pegged at about 1.5 cents per point, but with the promo it makes them worth almost 1.9 cents apiece. On top of that, if you’re a JetBlue Plus cardholder, you’ll receive another 10% back on point redemptions. With this combo you could be getting 2.1 cents per point in value or your points would be worth 35% more.
Here’s an example of what you can book. For travel on September 5 before the promo hit, one-way flights from New York (JFK) to Boston (BOS) were being sold for $112 or 7,200 points + $5.60 in taxes. Here you’re getting about 1.5 cents per point in value.
But if you skip to the next day when the promo kicks in, where one-way flights from New York to Boston are still $112, you’ll only be paying 5,500 points + $5.60 in taxes. Here you’re getting about 2 cents per point in value.
This could be a great use of TrueBlue points, especially since their fixed value make them hard to “maximize.” We’re seeing one-way flights go for as little at 1,600 points + $5.60 in taxes, like on the Long Beach (LGB) to San Francisco (SFO) route. These flights were going for $43.20, making your points worth 2.35 cents apiece.
If you’re in need of some TrueBlue points, you can sign up for the JetBlue Plus card and you’ll receive 30,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 in the first three months of account opening. The no-annual fee JetBlue Card will net you 10,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 in first 90 days.
Featured image by JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees