Frontier Kicks Father and Daughter Off Flight After ‘Inappropriate’ Conversation
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A father and daughter were kicked off a Frontier Airlines flight on Wednesday after a flight attendant overheard their “inappropriate” conversation.
Whitney Miller, 25, and her father Eric Miller, 70, said they were unfairly kicked off the Frontier flight from Orlando (MCO) to St. Louis (STL). The two were on their way to visit a sick relative in St. Louis when their flight, which was scheduled for just after 11:00am was delayed until shortly after 6:00pm — about a seven-hour delay.
According to News 6 in Orlando, after the Millers had boarded, the two said they were having a private discussion in their seats, expressing their displeasure with the delay. A flight attendant overheard the conversation and approached them “aggressively.” The two were then escorted off the flight.
Frontier Airlines tells a different story, saying that the Millers were not discussing their feelings privately, but were instead shouting profanities at the flight attendants.
The latter half of the incident was captured on video. You can watch it below.
According to an incident report from Frontier, the Millers were being disrespectful during the boarding process and calling the flight attendants derogatory names. According to the report, the Millers were asked to stop but did not, so the flight attendant notified the captain. A Frontier spokesman told Fox News that had the Millers complied with the crew’s orders to stop, they would have been allowed to travel.
The Denver-based carrier has released the following statement following Wednesday’s incident: “Our Flight Attendants are customer service and safety professionals who are trained to recognize situations that may impact comfort and safety of passengers and crew onboard our aircraft. The behaviors and comments exhibited by these passengers prior to departure were inappropriate; and as a result they were asked to leave our aircraft. Safety and security of our passengers and crew is our number one priority.”
As can be heard in the video, other passengers started clapping as the Millers were exiting at the aircraft. At this time, it’s not known if the clapping is in support of the crew or if the father-daughter duo were actually the truth tellers in this situation and earned the applause. In the aftermath of the incident, News 6 is reporting that the two were refunded the cost of their tickets, and they’re now driving to St. Louis to see their sick relative.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees