Delta’s Sending Gift Boxes to Select Medallion Members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From free checked bags to confirmed international upgrades, Delta’s pretty clear about which perks you’ll receive as a Medallion elite member. This week, the carrier appears to be in “surprise and delight” mode, however, following in Amex’s footsteps by sending out gifts in the mail — seemingly at random.
TPG reader Kyle R. let us know about a gift that arrived yesterday, and it sounds like a few other Delta elites have received some perishable recognition as well, as outlined in this FlyerTalk thread “Snack gift box for no reason?”
Judging from those reports and Kyle’s own record with the airline, this unsolicited gift thing is quite the mystery. For example, Kyle recently status matched to United and hasn’t been flying Delta much. Several Gold Medallion members reported receiving similar gifts, although from the spend they’re reporting, it doesn’t sound like these travelers come anywhere close to meeting the usual “top customer” criteria.
So, what’d they get? Candy!
Specifically, Dean & DeLuca’s “Snacks on the Run” 6 pack, which retails for $40 and includes six tins stuffed with Mixed Nuts, Sonoma Mix, Milk Chocolate Maltballs, Black Forest Caramels, Gummi Bears and Gourmet Jelly Beans.
Kyle received the above note as well, with handwritten signatures of several Delta employees, including Sandeep Dube, the carrier’s loyalty head. Good call, Sandeep!
Have you received a similar gift from Delta?
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.