This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A longtime question of many flyers has been: Does each airline have its own no-fly list? Certainly if they did they would keep the information private, right? Not in the case of Azerbaijan Airlines.
The Baku-based Azerbaijan Airlines does indeed have an “Unwanted Passengers” list. Not only does it maintain such a list, as Jason Rabinowitz points out on Twitter, but it also makes it searchable. That’s right, you can search for yourself to see if your name appears on the list.
Obviously curious to see if I (somehow) made it on the list of blacklisted travelers, I entered my name and passport number on AZAL’s site. Thankfully, I got a message that no information was found.
You can’t just search anyone to see if they’ve made the “Unwanted Passenger” list — you need a passport number in order to do so. Among those who tried in the TPG office, no one is banned from flying with Azerbaijan. Hypothetically, since you get a new passport number each time yours expires, it’s possible to “fall off” of Azerbaijan’s blacklist once you renew your passport.
This is the only carrier we know of that has a searchable library of who it doesn’t allow to fly on its metal. It’s not clear what one has to do in order to get their name on the blacklist, but nonetheless, we don’t recommend trying.
Featured image courtesy of Azerbaijan Airlines.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees