This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts (FHR) program is one of the best ways to potentially save big on your next trip. In addition to the benefits you’ll get when booking through the program, there’s also the possibility of saving even more cash with free nights. For example, when I was searching for hotels for an upcoming trip to Singapore, nearly all of the FHR properties in the city were eligible for a free night.
You can book a three-night stay at The Fullerton Bay Hotel for a nightly rate of $570 and get the third night for free. So, you’ll pay $1,140 for a three-night stay (normally $1,710 without the free night). Booking through the hotel’s website on the same dates would cost a total $1,113 for the three nights, so you’d be paying $27 more with FHR. But, you’ll receive the $125 food and beverage credit, complimentary breakfast for two people and other FHR benefits, which will ultimately save you money. Remember that the value of the free night will be deducted from the total hotel of the bill at check-out — not when booking.
As a reminder, you need to be a cardholder of The Platinum Card from American Express, its business version or the Centurion Card in order to have access to the FHR portal. You’ll always get noon check-in when available, room upgrade when available, daily breakfast for two people, 4:00pm late check out, complimentary Wi-Fi and a unique property amenity.
For more on this perk, check out Richard Kerr’s post, “How to Score Free Nights With Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts”
Featured image courtesy of The Fullerton Bay Hotel.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that