This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts (FHR) program is one of the best ways to potentially save big on your next trip. In addition to the benefits you’ll get when booking through the program, there’s also the possibility of saving even more cash with free nights. For example, when I was searching for hotels for an upcoming trip to Singapore, nearly all of the FHR properties in the city were eligible for a free night.
You can book a three-night stay at The Fullerton Bay Hotel for a nightly rate of $570 and get the third night for free. So, you’ll pay $1,140 for a three-night stay (normally $1,710 without the free night). Booking through the hotel’s website on the same dates would cost a total $1,113 for the three nights, so you’d be paying $27 more with FHR. But, you’ll receive the $125 food and beverage credit, complimentary breakfast for two people and other FHR benefits, which will ultimately save you money. Remember that the value of the free night will be deducted from the total hotel of the bill at check-out — not when booking.
As a reminder, you need to be a cardholder of The Platinum Card from American Express, its business version or the Centurion Card in order to have access to the FHR portal. You’ll always get noon check-in when available, room upgrade when available, daily breakfast for two people, 4:00pm late check out, complimentary Wi-Fi and a unique property amenity.
For more on this perk, check out Richard Kerr’s post, “How to Score Free Nights With Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts”
Featured image courtesy of The Fullerton Bay Hotel.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards