This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts (FHR) program is one of the best ways to potentially save big on your next trip. In addition to the benefits you’ll get when booking through the program, there’s also the possibility of saving even more cash with free nights. For example, when I was searching for hotels for an upcoming trip to Singapore, nearly all of the FHR properties in the city were eligible for a free night.
You can book a three-night stay at The Fullerton Bay Hotel for a nightly rate of $570 and get the third night for free. So, you’ll pay $1,140 for a three-night stay (normally $1,710 without the free night). Booking through the hotel’s website on the same dates would cost a total $1,113 for the three nights, so you’d be paying $27 more with FHR. But, you’ll receive the $125 food and beverage credit, complimentary breakfast for two people and other FHR benefits, which will ultimately save you money. Remember that the value of the free night will be deducted from the total hotel of the bill at check-out — not when booking.
As a reminder, you need to be a cardholder of The Platinum Card from American Express, its business version or the Centurion Card in order to have access to the FHR portal. You’ll always get noon check-in when available, room upgrade when available, daily breakfast for two people, 4:00pm late check out, complimentary Wi-Fi and a unique property amenity.
For more on this perk, check out Richard Kerr’s post, “How to Score Free Nights With Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts”
Featured image courtesy of The Fullerton Bay Hotel.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees