This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Through October 31, 2017, American Express cardholders can save $30 on their next Marriott stay of $150 or more, thanks to this Amex Offer.
This promo is available both through your account if you were targeted and on Twitter, which means you don’t need to have been targeted. However, you do need to make sure your card is connected with Twitter and add the offer by tweeting @AmexOffers with the #AmexMarriott tag. Once you’ve received a response from @AmexOffers, letting you know that the offer has been added to your connected card, you’ll be able to take advantage and save on your next stay.
— American Express (@AmericanExpress) July 10, 2017
The offer is good for one $30 statement credit per card when you spend $150+ on room rate and room charges by October 31, 2017. Unfortunately, the offer is only valid for Marriott properties in the US, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, meaning no international stays are eligible. In addition, the offer is not eligible for JW Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, AC Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites, TownePlace Suites, Bulgari, EDITION Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Delta, Marriott Executive Apartments, Marriott Vacation Club, Gaylord Hotels, Protea, Moxy or Starwood properties.
Though only one brand is eligible, most Amex cardholders are can take advantage of this offer as long as your card is connected via Twitter and you get a reply from @AmexOffers. If you’re planning an upcoming stay at a Marriott property, this is a quick and easy way to save a bit of cash on your stay. Plus, if your stay will cost much more than $150, it would be worthwhile to connect multiple cards to the offer and pay for the stay in increments so each card will save you the $30.
Featured image of the New York Marriott Marquis courtesy of Marriott.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees