Deal Alert: US Cities to Southeast Asia From $484 Round-Trip
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Several Star Alliance carriers are offering great deals to Southeast Asia, with fares starting at just $484 round-trip from several US cities. You can fly to popular destinations like Kuala Lumpur (KUL) or Bangkok (BKK) from all over the US, including major gateways like Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX) and New York (JFK). Availability depends on your desired route, but generally flights are available from September through November 2017.
Airline: ANA, Air China, Asiana
Route: LAX/SFO/JFK/ORD to MNL/KUL/BKK/SGN
Cost: $484+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September 2017 – April 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $484 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) for $498 round-trip:
Chicago (ORD) to Manila (MNL) for $525 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Bangkok (BKK) for $527 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Manila (MNL) for $535 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Bangkok (BKK) for $548 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image of Kuala Lumpur courtesy of Fakrul Jamil Photography via Getty Images.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.