Adventures in Lufthansa First Class with YouTube Star Casey Neistat
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
YouTube star Casey Neistat‘s recent trip from New York (JFK) to Germany got a little more luxurious after he used his frequent flyer miles to upgrade to Lufthansa first class. Luckily for us, the serial vlogger brought his camera along for the experience.
Neistat’s flight review guides viewers through each stage of the journey. The video, posted Monday and shot on June 15, starts off with Neistat’s exploration of Lufthansa’s lounge — including the exclusive first class “Wining and Dining” area where he runs into actor Wesley Snipes. Later on, Nesitat stumbles upon model Karlie Kloss, apparently also flying Lufthansa.
Once aboard the airplane, Neistat swoons over the perks of flying Lufthansa First: a secret cabinet of his very own, a swanky swag bag of amenities and a set of pajamas to wear during the flight. He “sleeps like a baby” in his lie-flat seat and wakes up ready for landing. Neistat ends with a message expressing hope that his video will help sway those considering first class and a reminder to viewers that he used miles to snag his upgrade.
Neistat is no stranger to flying first class: his YouTube channel is packed with videos documenting some of the nicest flights in the sky, including Emirate’s $21,000 first-class flight to Dubai. Neistat got that upgrade for free; TPG had to drop 90,000 Alaska Airlines Miles and $58 to do the same.
H/T: Business Insider
Featured photo taken from Neistat’s video.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.