Adventures in Lufthansa First Class with YouTube Star Casey Neistat
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
YouTube star Casey Neistat‘s recent trip from New York (JFK) to Germany got a little more luxurious after he used his frequent flyer miles to upgrade to Lufthansa first class. Luckily for us, the serial vlogger brought his camera along for the experience.
Neistat’s flight review guides viewers through each stage of the journey. The video, posted Monday and shot on June 15, starts off with Neistat’s exploration of Lufthansa’s lounge — including the exclusive first class “Wining and Dining” area where he runs into actor Wesley Snipes. Later on, Nesitat stumbles upon model Karlie Kloss, apparently also flying Lufthansa.
Once aboard the airplane, Neistat swoons over the perks of flying Lufthansa First: a secret cabinet of his very own, a swanky swag bag of amenities and a set of pajamas to wear during the flight. He “sleeps like a baby” in his lie-flat seat and wakes up ready for landing. Neistat ends with a message expressing hope that his video will help sway those considering first class and a reminder to viewers that he used miles to snag his upgrade.
Neistat is no stranger to flying first class: his YouTube channel is packed with videos documenting some of the nicest flights in the sky, including Emirate’s $21,000 first-class flight to Dubai. Neistat got that upgrade for free; TPG had to drop 90,000 Alaska Airlines Miles and $58 to do the same.
H/T: Business Insider
Featured photo taken from Neistat’s video.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees