This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
YouTube star Casey Neistat‘s recent trip from New York (JFK) to Germany got a little more luxurious after he used his frequent flyer miles to upgrade to Lufthansa first class. Luckily for us, the serial vlogger brought his camera along for the experience.
Neistat’s flight review guides viewers through each stage of the journey. The video, posted Monday and shot on June 15, starts off with Neistat’s exploration of Lufthansa’s lounge — including the exclusive first class “Wining and Dining” area where he runs into actor Wesley Snipes. Later on, Nesitat stumbles upon model Karlie Kloss, apparently also flying Lufthansa.
Once aboard the airplane, Neistat swoons over the perks of flying Lufthansa First: a secret cabinet of his very own, a swanky swag bag of amenities and a set of pajamas to wear during the flight. He “sleeps like a baby” in his lie-flat seat and wakes up ready for landing. Neistat ends with a message expressing hope that his video will help sway those considering first class and a reminder to viewers that he used miles to snag his upgrade.
Neistat is no stranger to flying first class: his YouTube channel is packed with videos documenting some of the nicest flights in the sky, including Emirate’s $21,000 first-class flight to Dubai. Neistat got that upgrade for free; TPG had to drop 90,000 Alaska Airlines Miles and $58 to do the same.
H/T: Business Insider
Featured photo taken from Neistat’s video.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards