This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
YouTube star Casey Neistat‘s recent trip from New York (JFK) to Germany got a little more luxurious after he used his frequent flyer miles to upgrade to Lufthansa first class. Luckily for us, the serial vlogger brought his camera along for the experience.
Neistat’s flight review guides viewers through each stage of the journey. The video, posted Monday and shot on June 15, starts off with Neistat’s exploration of Lufthansa’s lounge — including the exclusive first class “Wining and Dining” area where he runs into actor Wesley Snipes. Later on, Nesitat stumbles upon model Karlie Kloss, apparently also flying Lufthansa.
Once aboard the airplane, Neistat swoons over the perks of flying Lufthansa First: a secret cabinet of his very own, a swanky swag bag of amenities and a set of pajamas to wear during the flight. He “sleeps like a baby” in his lie-flat seat and wakes up ready for landing. Neistat ends with a message expressing hope that his video will help sway those considering first class and a reminder to viewers that he used miles to snag his upgrade.
Neistat is no stranger to flying first class: his YouTube channel is packed with videos documenting some of the nicest flights in the sky, including Emirate’s $21,000 first-class flight to Dubai. Neistat got that upgrade for free; TPG had to drop 90,000 Alaska Airlines Miles and $58 to do the same.
H/T: Business Insider
Featured photo taken from Neistat’s video.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees