Boeing Makes 737 MAX 10 Official at Paris Air Show
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This weekend at the Paris Air Show, Boeing unveiled the latest model of its 737 aircraft — the 737 MAX 10. The MAX 10 will maintain the 737’s single-aisle features but will be 66 inches longer than the 737 MAX 9. Overall, the new MAX 10 can hold up to 230 passengers, 10 more than the maximum capacity of the MAX 9.
Boeing says the new MAX 10 already has more than 240 orders and commitments from more than 10 customers around the world. In a press release, Boeing said that customers would be announcing their order details throughout the week. However, as of this writing, we already know that Singapore-based leasing company BOC Aviation announced a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for 10 of the aircraft, a deal valued at approximately $1.25 billion. In addition, India-based SpiceJet announced a MoU for 20 new orders of the MAX 10 in addition to 20 conversions of its already-made MAX 8 orders into MAX 10s, a deal valued at $4.7 billion. There are also indications that low-cost carrier Ryanair is in talks with Boeing to place a MAX 10 order of its own.
The MAX 10 is Boeing’s latest move to compete with Airbus, which just began delivering its A321neo aircraft last year. With the announcement at the Paris Air Show this weekend, Boeing said it and its engineers will have the new aircraft ready for airlines in 2020. According to CNN, Boeing has around 3,700 orders for the entire MAX family, though the MAX 9 hasn’t sold as well as its competitor the A321neo.
“Our customers told us to build it bigger,” Boeing Commercial Airplane CEO Kevin McAllister said. To compete with the longer A321, which holds more passengers, Boeing developed the MAX 10, which has a higher capacity than the other variants of the 737 family. The MAX 10 is the fifth iteration of Boeing’s 737, which is the manufacturer’s best-selling product. Earlier this month, Southwest took delivery of its 737th 737 aircraft from Boeing.
See these posts for more on the 2017 Paris Air Show:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees