New Wi-Fi Enabled Tech Could Stop Bed Bugs in Their Tracks
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A new Wi-Fi enabled system developed by Delta Five could revolutionize how the service industry deals with unwanted bug problems. Its new Automated Insect Monitoring (AIM) device is a small, three-inch box that hooks up to existing Wi-Fi and constantly monitors the space around it using internal cameras, which are activated whenever they detect motion. In other words, it’ll be able to see when an insect enters the device. The insects are lured into the device using heat, vapors, pheromones or other substances that are odorless and will not intrude on a guests’ vacation by being in the same room with them. Once an insect enters the box, a picture is taken and is immediately sent to a provided email or phone number.
As CNBC reports, this device could help hotel chains, cruise ships, homes and offices, among other public places, detect insects and bed bugs before they become an issue, which could be huge for hotel chains that could lose customers over bed bug issues. Normally, hotels have to hire exterminators or dogs to find and eradicate bed bugs, but this could keep the pesky insects from spreading while also saving hotels a lot of money thanks to early detection. It’s also great news for consumers as well, who will hopefully sleep tight and never have to worry about letting the bed bugs bite again.
Featured image courtesy of John-Reynolds via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.