New Wi-Fi Enabled Tech Could Stop Bed Bugs in Their Tracks
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A new Wi-Fi enabled system developed by Delta Five could revolutionize how the service industry deals with unwanted bug problems. Its new Automated Insect Monitoring (AIM) device is a small, three-inch box that hooks up to existing Wi-Fi and constantly monitors the space around it using internal cameras, which are activated whenever they detect motion. In other words, it’ll be able to see when an insect enters the device. The insects are lured into the device using heat, vapors, pheromones or other substances that are odorless and will not intrude on a guests’ vacation by being in the same room with them. Once an insect enters the box, a picture is taken and is immediately sent to a provided email or phone number.
As CNBC reports, this device could help hotel chains, cruise ships, homes and offices, among other public places, detect insects and bed bugs before they become an issue, which could be huge for hotel chains that could lose customers over bed bug issues. Normally, hotels have to hire exterminators or dogs to find and eradicate bed bugs, but this could keep the pesky insects from spreading while also saving hotels a lot of money thanks to early detection. It’s also great news for consumers as well, who will hopefully sleep tight and never have to worry about letting the bed bugs bite again.
Featured image courtesy of John-Reynolds via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees