Kayak Introduces New Workplace-Friendly Search Function
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hey you, you’re at work and reading The Points Guy? Surprise, you’re not alone — at least according to Kayak’s study. In fact, most Americans (57%) are planning their next trip during the workday. The one major problem: Don’t let your boss see!
Kayak is making travel browsing easier while at work with a new version of its desktop site. The version, which is a guise for a traditional spreadsheet, has Kayak’s search tool built in to the cells. So, you can search for your flight to Paris in cell B10 all while your boss will think you’re filling out data in cell B10.
You can utilize the faux-spreadsheet Kayak by going to work.kayak.com. The site has tabs for hotels, flights, cars, packages and trains, so you’ll have access to the full Kayak site and its search functions.
The new look comes after Kayak conducted a study between January 1 and March 21, 2017, which looked at Kayak users’ search habits during the workday. The study found that 57% of searches in the US came between 8:00am-6:00pm, with the biggest spike in traffic between 11:00am-12:00pm.
In addition, the site found that the most popular day for at-work travel searches is Tuesday, with most searches occurring on desktops rather than on mobile devices. The final data point of the search show the best behaved workers and the top offenders in the country. Those in New York, Washington, D.C., Nashville and Chicago rank among the top offenders, and those in Seattle, Las Vegas and Sacramento rank among the best behaved.
This is a humorous — and sensible — new tool for you workday travel heroes. Not only will you be able to appear to be productive, but you’ll also be productive in planning your next getaway.
Featured image courtesy of Hero Images via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees