Kayak Introduces New Workplace-Friendly Search Function
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hey you, you’re at work and reading The Points Guy? Surprise, you’re not alone — at least according to Kayak’s study. In fact, most Americans (57%) are planning their next trip during the workday. The one major problem: Don’t let your boss see!
Kayak is making travel browsing easier while at work with a new version of its desktop site. The version, which is a guise for a traditional spreadsheet, has Kayak’s search tool built in to the cells. So, you can search for your flight to Paris in cell B10 all while your boss will think you’re filling out data in cell B10.
You can utilize the faux-spreadsheet Kayak by going to work.kayak.com. The site has tabs for hotels, flights, cars, packages and trains, so you’ll have access to the full Kayak site and its search functions.
The new look comes after Kayak conducted a study between January 1 and March 21, 2017, which looked at Kayak users’ search habits during the workday. The study found that 57% of searches in the US came between 8:00am-6:00pm, with the biggest spike in traffic between 11:00am-12:00pm.
In addition, the site found that the most popular day for at-work travel searches is Tuesday, with most searches occurring on desktops rather than on mobile devices. The final data point of the search show the best behaved workers and the top offenders in the country. Those in New York, Washington, D.C., Nashville and Chicago rank among the top offenders, and those in Seattle, Las Vegas and Sacramento rank among the best behaved.
This is a humorous — and sensible — new tool for you workday travel heroes. Not only will you be able to appear to be productive, but you’ll also be productive in planning your next getaway.
Featured image courtesy of Hero Images via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.