This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hotel elite status can make your hotel stays more comfortable, and can even save you real money if you score free breakfasts, lounge access, or even some waived resort or parking fees as a result of your status. Of course you can earn hotel elite status by staying in hotels tons of nights each year, but sometimes you can also get hotel elite status by just getting certain credit cards or even leveraging one status for another.
Along those lines, a few weeks before the new World of Hyatt program took effect, I strongly recommended that those with Hyatt status make sure they have matched that status to M life status. There were a few reasons for that, but one was the hope of matching back from M life to Hyatt after March 1st…especially if your Hyatt status was dropping on that date.
I suspected that after the World of Hyatt program launched, those with M life Gold or higher status could match it back to Hyatt Explorist status, which provides very real perks like four club access certificates each year.
My husband dropped to general member when the new World of Hyatt launched, but he then requested a match from his M life status to Hyatt, and after a few weeks….
He now has second tier Hyatt Explorist status that normally requires 30 eligible nights in a calendar year! He actually matched from M life Platinum status, but I have read plenty of reports of those matching from M life Gold having the same success.
He received the four club access awards that come with Hyatt Explorist status, and they are valid for one year from when they were issued. Each award grants Club Access for your room for a stay of up to seven days.
You can request the status match by going through M life or Hyatt, but it seems a bit easier to just go through Hyatt and the
@HyattConcierge Twitter account. They will need proof of your M life status, your M life number, your Hyatt number, etc. These requests seem to process in batches, so it may take a few weeks.
Of course if you are in the market for M life status you can do the reverse and use your current Hyatt status to request M life status
Even the M life Pearl tier offers free self-parking which can really save you on a Vegas trip. Free valet parking is offered at the M life Gold level and above. You can view the full chart of M life perks and discounts here.
Congrats to those who were able to leverage elite status in one program to get elite access in another. Anyone else have four new Hyatt Club Access awards to use over the next 12 months?
Featured image courtesy of the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
- Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points - 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn an additional 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend a total of $6,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening - free nights start at 5,000 points
- Receive 1 free night every year after your cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year
- Get automatic World of Hyatt Elite status for as long as your account is open and 5 qualifying night credits toward your next tier status every year
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards your next tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn 9 points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4 Bonus Points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- Plus, earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships