A Look at Hainan’s New 787-9 Dreamliner Business-Class Cabin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hainan Airlines is generally regarded as one of mainland China’s best airlines, thanks to great food, service and amenities. But the airline’s several Boeing 787 Dreamliners (both the -8 and -9 variety) are outfitted with a not-so-spectacular hard product in business class. The forward-facing 2-2-2 business-class seats are adequate, but don’t feature direct aisle access at each seat and aren’t especially private.
Soon, however, Hainan will take delivery of several newer 787-9 Dreamliners, which, according to the airline’s Facebook page, will come equipped with a business-class cabin featuring reverse herringbone seats in a 1-2-1 configuration, which is widely considered to be among the best arrangements in the sky.
The refreshed cabin also appears to feature a self-service bar, which will be stocked with beverages and snacks so that business-class passengers won’t ever go hungry (or thirsty) during the flight.
As of this posting, it’s unclear which routes will see the latest aircraft with this fantastic-looking business-class cabin. Here’s hoping it’s one of the Hainan’s US routes, which include:
- Boston (BOS) to Beijing (PEK) and Shanghai (PVG)
- Chicago (ORD) to Beijing (PEK)
- Las Vegas (LAS) to Beijing (PEK)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Changsha (CSX), Chengdu (CTU) and Chongqing (CKG)
- San Jose (SJC) to Beijing (PEK)
- Seattle (SEA) to Beijing (PEK)
The first 787-9 to feature the new business-class cabin is scheduled to be delivered in just a few weeks, on May 10. Hainan often offers great business-class fares, and is a partner of Alaska Airlines, which means that you could earn tons of Alaska miles for your flights.
Featured image courtesy of Hainan Airlines’ Facebook page.
H/T: One Mile At a Time
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee