A Look at Hainan’s New 787-9 Dreamliner Business-Class Cabin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hainan Airlines is generally regarded as one of mainland China’s best airlines, thanks to great food, service and amenities. But the airline’s several Boeing 787 Dreamliners (both the -8 and -9 variety) are outfitted with a not-so-spectacular hard product in business class. The forward-facing 2-2-2 business-class seats are adequate, but don’t feature direct aisle access at each seat and aren’t especially private.
Soon, however, Hainan will take delivery of several newer 787-9 Dreamliners, which, according to the airline’s Facebook page, will come equipped with a business-class cabin featuring reverse herringbone seats in a 1-2-1 configuration, which is widely considered to be among the best arrangements in the sky.
The refreshed cabin also appears to feature a self-service bar, which will be stocked with beverages and snacks so that business-class passengers won’t ever go hungry (or thirsty) during the flight.
As of this posting, it’s unclear which routes will see the latest aircraft with this fantastic-looking business-class cabin. Here’s hoping it’s one of the Hainan’s US routes, which include:
- Boston (BOS) to Beijing (PEK) and Shanghai (PVG)
- Chicago (ORD) to Beijing (PEK)
- Las Vegas (LAS) to Beijing (PEK)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Changsha (CSX), Chengdu (CTU) and Chongqing (CKG)
- San Jose (SJC) to Beijing (PEK)
- Seattle (SEA) to Beijing (PEK)
The first 787-9 to feature the new business-class cabin is scheduled to be delivered in just a few weeks, on May 10. Hainan often offers great business-class fares, and is a partner of Alaska Airlines, which means that you could earn tons of Alaska miles for your flights.
Featured image courtesy of Hainan Airlines’ Facebook page.
H/T: One Mile At a Time
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.