This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hainan Airlines is generally regarded as one of mainland China’s best airlines, thanks to great food, service and amenities. But the airline’s several Boeing 787 Dreamliners (both the -8 and -9 variety) are outfitted with a not-so-spectacular hard product in business class. The forward-facing 2-2-2 business-class seats are adequate, but don’t feature direct aisle access at each seat and aren’t especially private.
Soon, however, Hainan will take delivery of several newer 787-9 Dreamliners, which, according to the airline’s Facebook page, will come equipped with a business-class cabin featuring reverse herringbone seats in a 1-2-1 configuration, which is widely considered to be among the best arrangements in the sky.
The refreshed cabin also appears to feature a self-service bar, which will be stocked with beverages and snacks so that business-class passengers won’t ever go hungry (or thirsty) during the flight.
As of this posting, it’s unclear which routes will see the latest aircraft with this fantastic-looking business-class cabin. Here’s hoping it’s one of the Hainan’s US routes, which include:
- Boston (BOS) to Beijing (PEK) and Shanghai (PVG)
- Chicago (ORD) to Beijing (PEK)
- Las Vegas (LAS) to Beijing (PEK)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Changsha (CSX), Chengdu (CTU) and Chongqing (CKG)
- San Jose (SJC) to Beijing (PEK)
- Seattle (SEA) to Beijing (PEK)
The first 787-9 to feature the new business-class cabin is scheduled to be delivered in just a few weeks, on May 10. Hainan often offers great business-class fares, and is a partner of Alaska Airlines, which means that you could earn tons of Alaska miles for your flights.
Featured image courtesy of Hainan Airlines’ Facebook page.
H/T: One Mile At a Time
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees