This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hainan Airlines is generally regarded as one of mainland China’s best airlines, thanks to great food, service and amenities. But the airline’s several Boeing 787 Dreamliners (both the -8 and -9 variety) are outfitted with a not-so-spectacular hard product in business class. The forward-facing 2-2-2 business-class seats are adequate, but don’t feature direct aisle access at each seat and aren’t especially private.
Soon, however, Hainan will take delivery of several newer 787-9 Dreamliners, which, according to the airline’s Facebook page, will come equipped with a business-class cabin featuring reverse herringbone seats in a 1-2-1 configuration, which is widely considered to be among the best arrangements in the sky.
The refreshed cabin also appears to feature a self-service bar, which will be stocked with beverages and snacks so that business-class passengers won’t ever go hungry (or thirsty) during the flight.
As of this posting, it’s unclear which routes will see the latest aircraft with this fantastic-looking business-class cabin. Here’s hoping it’s one of the Hainan’s US routes, which include:
- Boston (BOS) to Beijing (PEK) and Shanghai (PVG)
- Chicago (ORD) to Beijing (PEK)
- Las Vegas (LAS) to Beijing (PEK)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Changsha (CSX), Chengdu (CTU) and Chongqing (CKG)
- San Jose (SJC) to Beijing (PEK)
- Seattle (SEA) to Beijing (PEK)
The first 787-9 to feature the new business-class cabin is scheduled to be delivered in just a few weeks, on May 10. Hainan often offers great business-class fares, and is a partner of Alaska Airlines, which means that you could earn tons of Alaska miles for your flights.
Featured image courtesy of Hainan Airlines’ Facebook page.
H/T: One Mile At a Time
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards