Citi ThankYou Adds Jet Airways as a Transfer Partner
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While Citi’s ThankYou program hasn’t historically been the strongest of the major points currencies, it’s been making strides lately in adding more transfer partners to beef up the program. It’s recently added India’s Jet Airways as a new partner, and you can transfer ThankYou points to the JetPrivilege program at a 1:1 ratio, in increments of 1,000 points. We tested this transfer and the JPMiles posted instantly.
The carrier publishes an award chart that specifies the amount of JPMiles required for award flights — a one-way ticket between Toronto (YYZ) and Amsterdam (AMS) will cost you 37,500 miles in economy, 75,000 in business (called Première) and 112,500 in first plus carrier surcharges. I created a JetPrivilege account to see if these numbers were accurate, but when I went to make a dummy booking, the carrier’s website wouldn’t allow me to search for an award ticket (presumably because I don’t have any JPMiles in my newly created account).
As it stands right now, the new partnership between Citi and Jet Airways isn’t especially notable because the only flight that the airline operates to North America is between its ‘scissor hub’ in Amsterdam (AMS) and Toronto (YYZ). However, Jet has cozied up with both Delta and Virgin Atlantic as of late, so you should theoretically be able to use Citi points to book Delta award flights in the future. American is also a partner with Jet, meaning you can search for award space through Delta.com and then book using AAdvantage miles. The carrier has an extensive route network in India, the Middle East and South Asia, and TPG discovered that it has a solid first-class product when he flew an Etihad flight operated by Jet.
H/T: View From the Wing
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees