Citi ThankYou Adds Jet Airways as a Transfer Partner
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While Citi’s ThankYou program hasn’t historically been the strongest of the major points currencies, it’s been making strides lately in adding more transfer partners to beef up the program. It’s recently added India’s Jet Airways as a new partner, and you can transfer ThankYou points to the JetPrivilege program at a 1:1 ratio, in increments of 1,000 points. We tested this transfer and the JPMiles posted instantly.
The carrier publishes an award chart that specifies the amount of JPMiles required for award flights — a one-way ticket between Toronto (YYZ) and Amsterdam (AMS) will cost you 37,500 miles in economy, 75,000 in business (called Première) and 112,500 in first plus carrier surcharges. I created a JetPrivilege account to see if these numbers were accurate, but when I went to make a dummy booking, the carrier’s website wouldn’t allow me to search for an award ticket (presumably because I don’t have any JPMiles in my newly created account).
As it stands right now, the new partnership between Citi and Jet Airways isn’t especially notable because the only flight that the airline operates to North America is between its ‘scissor hub’ in Amsterdam (AMS) and Toronto (YYZ). However, Jet has cozied up with both Delta and Virgin Atlantic as of late, so you should theoretically be able to use Citi points to book Delta award flights in the future. American is also a partner with Jet, meaning you can search for award space through Delta.com and then book using AAdvantage miles. The carrier has an extensive route network in India, the Middle East and South Asia, and TPG discovered that it has a solid first-class product when he flew an Etihad flight operated by Jet.
H/T: View From the Wing
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.