This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Of the many reasons why Mexico is one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations, “the food” is right up there with “the gorgeous beaches.” But one hotel — Grand Velas Los Cabos, located on the Baja peninsula between Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo — just upped the ante by adding a $25,000 taco to the menu at Frida, its signature restaurant. And yes, you read that correctly. $25,000.
So just what makes a taco worth roughly the cost of a brand-new Ford Mustang? The good news, according to The Daily Meal, is that it’s actually two tacos — each one of them filled with Kobe beef, Almas Beluga caviar, lobster and black truffle Brie cheese, all wrapped in a gold-flaked tortilla shell. For dipping, there’s a Morita chili pepper salsa that’s made with Ley .925 tequila (a bottle of the stuff once sold for $3.5 million) and kopi luwak coffee, the world’s most expensive java, which, by the way, is made from coffee cherries that are, um, digested by little jungle animals known as Asian palm civets — we’ll just leave it at that. Like any over-the-top dish, the tacos are then topped with some more gold leaf flakes for good measure. Folks at the restaurant also recommend pairing your dish with a $150,000 bottle of Ley .925 Pasión Azteca Ultra Premium Añejo tequila — because if you’re already spending $25,000 on a taco, why not spend some more and make it a truly memorable meal?
So… what’ll it be? Tacos for two at Frida, or 11,415 Chalupa Supremes at Taco Bell? Your call.
H/T: The Daily Meal
Featured image courtesy of Grand Velas Los Cabos via Facebook.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards