You Can Now Order a $25,000 Taco at This Hotel’s Restaurant in Mexico
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Of the many reasons why Mexico is one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations, “the food” is right up there with “the gorgeous beaches.” But one hotel — Grand Velas Los Cabos, located on the Baja peninsula between Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo — just upped the ante by adding a $25,000 taco to the menu at Frida, its signature restaurant. And yes, you read that correctly. $25,000.
So just what makes a taco worth roughly the cost of a brand-new Ford Mustang? The good news, according to The Daily Meal, is that it’s actually two tacos — each one of them filled with Kobe beef, Almas Beluga caviar, lobster and black truffle Brie cheese, all wrapped in a gold-flaked tortilla shell. For dipping, there’s a Morita chili pepper salsa that’s made with Ley .925 tequila (a bottle of the stuff once sold for $3.5 million) and kopi luwak coffee, the world’s most expensive java, which, by the way, is made from coffee cherries that are, um, digested by little jungle animals known as Asian palm civets — we’ll just leave it at that. Like any over-the-top dish, the tacos are then topped with some more gold leaf flakes for good measure. Folks at the restaurant also recommend pairing your dish with a $150,000 bottle of Ley .925 Pasión Azteca Ultra Premium Añejo tequila — because if you’re already spending $25,000 on a taco, why not spend some more and make it a truly memorable meal?
So… what’ll it be? Tacos for two at Frida, or 11,415 Chalupa Supremes at Taco Bell? Your call.
H/T: The Daily Meal
Featured image courtesy of Grand Velas Los Cabos via Facebook.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.