This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve known since January that the historic 100,000-point sign-up bonus for the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card would end on March 12. While January 11 was the last day to sign up online for the 100k bonus (before it was slashed to 50,000 points), potential new cardholders could sign up in a Chase branch until March 12 to get the full 100,000-point offer (March 11 being the last day to apply). But, unfortunately, Chase experienced technical issues with its in-branch credit card system on that same date.
In order to assure that customers were able to get the 100,000-point bonus, representatives were instructed to have customers apply online and the call Chase to have the application coded to the branch. But, because of the troubles it’s faced on the last day to apply, especially in the morning, the issuer is offering everyone who applied for the Sapphire Reserve on March 11, 2017, the 100,000 points, regardless if they applied in branch or online.
As originally reported by Doctor of Credit, the issuer is only going to honor the 100,000-point sign-up bonus for those who applied on March 11 (we confirmed this with a Chase representative). There is no need to call Chase if you applied on March 11 — as soon as you’ve met the $4,000 minimum spending requirement in the first three months, the 100k points will be credited to your account.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees