This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve known since January that the historic 100,000-point sign-up bonus for the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card would end on March 12. While January 11 was the last day to sign up online for the 100k bonus (before it was slashed to 50,000 points), potential new cardholders could sign up in a Chase branch until March 12 to get the full 100,000-point offer (March 11 being the last day to apply). But, unfortunately, Chase experienced technical issues with its in-branch credit card system on that same date.
In order to assure that customers were able to get the 100,000-point bonus, representatives were instructed to have customers apply online and the call Chase to have the application coded to the branch. But, because of the troubles it’s faced on the last day to apply, especially in the morning, the issuer is offering everyone who applied for the Sapphire Reserve on March 11, 2017, the 100,000 points, regardless if they applied in branch or online.
As originally reported by Doctor of Credit, the issuer is only going to honor the 100,000-point sign-up bonus for those who applied on March 11 (we confirmed this with a Chase representative). There is no need to call Chase if you applied on March 11 — as soon as you’ve met the $4,000 minimum spending requirement in the first three months, the 100k points will be credited to your account.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees