This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve known since January that the historic 100,000-point sign-up bonus for the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card would end on March 12. While January 11 was the last day to sign up online for the 100k bonus (before it was slashed to 50,000 points), potential new cardholders could sign up in a Chase branch until March 12 to get the full 100,000-point offer (March 11 being the last day to apply). But, unfortunately, Chase experienced technical issues with its in-branch credit card system on that same date.
In order to assure that customers were able to get the 100,000-point bonus, representatives were instructed to have customers apply online and the call Chase to have the application coded to the branch. But, because of the troubles it’s faced on the last day to apply, especially in the morning, the issuer is offering everyone who applied for the Sapphire Reserve on March 11, 2017, the 100,000 points, regardless if they applied in branch or online.
As originally reported by Doctor of Credit, the issuer is only going to honor the 100,000-point sign-up bonus for those who applied on March 11 (we confirmed this with a Chase representative). There is no need to call Chase if you applied on March 11 — as soon as you’ve met the $4,000 minimum spending requirement in the first three months, the 100k points will be credited to your account.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that