Get 10% Cash Back on Travel With Chase Freedom and Freedom Unlimited Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starting today, Chase is offering cardholders of the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited a pretty lucrative deal for a limited time. From March 1-31, 2017, Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cardholders can earn a total of 10% cash back on up to $2,500 in combined hotel and car rental purchases made through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal. If you have an Ultimate Rewards-earning card, like the Chase Sapphire Preferred, you can convert each cent of cash back to 1 UR point, making this promotion even more lucrative.
Here’s how the earning breaks down for each card:
- Chase Freedom Card — Earn an extra 9% cash back on up to $2,500 in combined purchases during the promotion period. This is in addition to the 1% cash back earned on all purchases.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited Card — Earn an extra 8.5% cash back on up to $2,500 in combined purchases during the promotion period. This is in addition to the 1.5% cash back earned on all purchases.
To earn the bonus, just book your hotel stay or rental car through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal and use one of the two eligible cards. For both cards, there’s a maximum of 10% cash back on $2,500 in purchases, which equates to up to $250 bonus cash back. For the Freedom Card, that works out to $25 cash back for your normal earning and $225 in bonus cash back with this promotion. And for the Freedom Unlimited Card, that earning works out to $37.50 cash back for your normal earning and $212.50 in bonus cash back with this promotion.
If you’re looking to take advantage of this bonus, note that although the travel must be booked by March 31, it can be completed at any time. The bonus cash back will post to your account within a week of the transaction posting. Note that hotel stays booked through Chase may not be eligible for hotel points accumulation or elite benefits.
If you have either the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited card, this is definitely a deal worth considering. If you don’t have either, there’s still time to sign up and take advantage for some more cash back. Both the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cards come with a sign-up bonus of $150 after you spend $500 in the first three months.
Featured image courtesy of the Park Hyatt Aviara, available through the Chase travel portal.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel