This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starting today, Chase is offering cardholders of the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited a pretty lucrative deal for a limited time. From March 1-31, 2017, Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cardholders can earn a total of 10% cash back on up to $2,500 in combined hotel and car rental purchases made through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal. If you have an Ultimate Rewards-earning card, like the Chase Sapphire Preferred, you can convert each cent of cash back to 1 UR point, making this promotion even more lucrative.
Here’s how the earning breaks down for each card:
- Chase Freedom Card — Earn an extra 9% cash back on up to $2,500 in combined purchases during the promotion period. This is in addition to the 1% cash back earned on all purchases.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited Card — Earn an extra 8.5% cash back on up to $2,500 in combined purchases during the promotion period. This is in addition to the 1.5% cash back earned on all purchases.
To earn the bonus, just book your hotel stay or rental car through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal and use one of the two eligible cards. For both cards, there’s a maximum of 10% cash back on $2,500 in purchases, which equates to up to $250 bonus cash back. For the Freedom Card, that works out to $25 cash back for your normal earning and $225 in bonus cash back with this promotion. And for the Freedom Unlimited Card, that earning works out to $37.50 cash back for your normal earning and $212.50 in bonus cash back with this promotion.
If you’re looking to take advantage of this bonus, note that although the travel must be booked by March 31, it can be completed at any time. The bonus cash back will post to your account within a week of the transaction posting. Note that hotel stays booked through Chase may not be eligible for hotel points accumulation or elite benefits.
If you have either the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited card, this is definitely a deal worth considering. If you don’t have either, there’s still time to sign up and take advantage for some more cash back. Both the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cards come with a sign-up bonus of $150 after you spend $500 in the first three months.
Featured image courtesy of the Park Hyatt Aviara, available through the Chase travel portal.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees