Tip: Use SeatGuru to Check Your Seats and Plane Before Flying
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
SeatGuru is a site that allows you to see what your aircraft is like before you even step on board — for free. It can be an extremely useful tool when choosing an airline, particular route or selecting the perfect seat, as you’ll get to see the configuration and features of your aircraft.
There are a variety of ways you can use the site to your advantage. If you’ve already booked a flight, you can check to get the details of your seat or use it to decide which seat to reserve. When you plug in your airline, flight number and travel date, SeatGuru will retrieve the aircraft type and arrangement, allowing you to view the exact seat pitch and width measurements, in-flight amenities, user reviews, photos and more.
Another way to utilize SeatGuru is to look at the comparison charts to help you decide which airline or aircraft to fly based on your needs. Each chart is categorized by airline and aircraft, comparing seat pitch and width, power options, entertainment, Wi-Fi and more. This can be especially useful if you’re a tall and need a certain amount of seat pitch or are traveling for business and need to have Wi-Fi or charging outlets available.
Using SeatGuru is an easy way to ensure you have the best and most comfortable seat possible, so make sure to check it before traveling or booking.
Featured image courtesy of Image Source via Getty.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.