Resort Fees Set to Increase at 10 Las Vegas Properties
Las Vegas hotels are already some of the worst offenders when it comes to ridiculous resort fees — the bad news is they’ll soon be more expensive at 10 Sin City properties owned by Caesars Entertainment, which actually just raised its fees last year.
After the latest hike goes into effect on March 1, Caesars Palace (and Nobu Hotel), The Cromwell, Paris Las Vegas and Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino will charge $39.68 (including taxes) per night. Bally’s, Flamingo Las Vegas, Harrah’s Las Vegas, the LINQ Hotel & Casino and the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino will charge $34.01 (including taxes) per night.
The nearly-$40 per day resort fees you’ll find at the higher-end properties mentioned above are almost on par with those of The Palazzo, currently among the highest resort fees in Sin City. According to a Caesars Entertainment spokesperson, premium Wi-Fi access is among the many amenities covered by these resort fees, a move that better aligns the properties against the competition.
Note that if you have FoundersCard, you’ll get Diamond status in the Total Rewards program, which is used by Caesars properties in Las Vegas. A huge perk of this status level is that it waives resort fees at all Caesars properties, which could represent a great savings considering how resort fees are increasing consistently.
What’s the worst resort fee you’ve ever paid?
H/T: Las Vegas Now
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.