Garuda Indonesia’s Planning to Launch One-Stop Service to LAX
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Garuda Indonesia, the flag carrier of Indonesia, has formally requested to fly into LAX. This will be the airline’s first destination in the US with a planned launch date of November 2017. Garuda hopes to operate 3 weekly flights between Jakarta (CGK) and Los Angeles (LAX) via Tokyo Narita (NRT).
The airline plans to fly a 777-300ER, which Garuda offers with two seat configurations — one with 26 seats in business and 367 in economy and the other with 8 in first, 38 in business and 268 in economy. Both its first and business-class products have gotten stellar reviews by the TPG team.
Garuda is a member of the SkyTeam alliance and is transfer partners with Citi, where you can transfer Thank You points at a 1:1 ratio. The route is not 100% set in stone yet; the airline filed an application with the DOT on February 21 and must still be approved to fly. Garuda also added a stipulation in the filing that “other airports” could be used as an alternative to Tokyo Narita (NRT).
For more on Garuda Indonesia, see:
- Flight Review: Garuda Indonesia First Class (777-300ER)
- Review: Garuda Indonesia 777-300ER Business Class
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Featured Image courtesy of Garuda.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.