This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Garuda Indonesia, the flag carrier of Indonesia, has formally requested to fly into LAX. This will be the airline’s first destination in the US with a planned launch date of November 2017. Garuda hopes to operate 3 weekly flights between Jakarta (CGK) and Los Angeles (LAX) via Tokyo Narita (NRT).
The airline plans to fly a 777-300ER, which Garuda offers with two seat configurations — one with 26 seats in business and 367 in economy and the other with 8 in first, 38 in business and 268 in economy. Both its first and business-class products have gotten stellar reviews by the TPG team.
Garuda is a member of the SkyTeam alliance and is transfer partners with Citi, where you can transfer Thank You points at a 1:1 ratio. The route is not 100% set in stone yet; the airline filed an application with the DOT on February 21 and must still be approved to fly. Garuda also added a stipulation in the filing that “other airports” could be used as an alternative to Tokyo Narita (NRT).
For more on Garuda Indonesia, see:
- Flight Review: Garuda Indonesia First Class (777-300ER)
- Review: Garuda Indonesia 777-300ER Business Class
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Featured Image courtesy of Garuda.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards