This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Garuda Indonesia, the flag carrier of Indonesia, has formally requested to fly into LAX. This will be the airline’s first destination in the US with a planned launch date of November 2017. Garuda hopes to operate 3 weekly flights between Jakarta (CGK) and Los Angeles (LAX) via Tokyo Narita (NRT).
The airline plans to fly a 777-300ER, which Garuda offers with two seat configurations — one with 26 seats in business and 367 in economy and the other with 8 in first, 38 in business and 268 in economy. Both its first and business-class products have gotten stellar reviews by the TPG team.
Garuda is a member of the SkyTeam alliance and is transfer partners with Citi, where you can transfer Thank You points at a 1:1 ratio. The route is not 100% set in stone yet; the airline filed an application with the DOT on February 21 and must still be approved to fly. Garuda also added a stipulation in the filing that “other airports” could be used as an alternative to Tokyo Narita (NRT).
For more on Garuda Indonesia, see:
- Flight Review: Garuda Indonesia First Class (777-300ER)
- Review: Garuda Indonesia 777-300ER Business Class
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Featured Image courtesy of Garuda.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that