This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Garuda Indonesia, the flag carrier of Indonesia, has formally requested to fly into LAX. This will be the airline’s first destination in the US with a planned launch date of November 2017. Garuda hopes to operate 3 weekly flights between Jakarta (CGK) and Los Angeles (LAX) via Tokyo Narita (NRT).
The airline plans to fly a 777-300ER, which Garuda offers with two seat configurations — one with 26 seats in business and 367 in economy and the other with 8 in first, 38 in business and 268 in economy. Both its first and business-class products have gotten stellar reviews by the TPG team.
Garuda is a member of the SkyTeam alliance and is transfer partners with Citi, where you can transfer Thank You points at a 1:1 ratio. The route is not 100% set in stone yet; the airline filed an application with the DOT on February 21 and must still be approved to fly. Garuda also added a stipulation in the filing that “other airports” could be used as an alternative to Tokyo Narita (NRT).
For more on Garuda Indonesia, see:
- Flight Review: Garuda Indonesia First Class (777-300ER)
- Review: Garuda Indonesia 777-300ER Business Class
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Featured Image courtesy of Garuda.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees