Delta Details Complimentary Main Cabin Meals on Transcon Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this month, we reported that Delta would begin serving free meals to passengers seated in economy on transcon flights between New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO) beginning March 1. Today, the airline confirmed these plans and then some — Delta will be serving complimentary meals on an additional 10 transcon flights beginning a bit later in the spring on April 24, including:
- Boston (BOS) to Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA)
- Washington, DC (DCA) to Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (JFK) to Portland (PDX), San Diego (SAN), Seattle (SEA)
- Seattle (SEA) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Orlando (MCO), Raleigh Durham (RDU)
Menus will be dependent on the time of flight and will feature a variety of options. If you’re on a morning flight, you’ll be able to choose from a Honey Maple Breakfast Sandwich, Luvo Breakfast Medley or fruit and cheese plate. On daytime flights, you’ll have the option of a Mesquite-Smoked Turkey Combo, Luvo Mediterranean Whole Grain Veggie Wrap or fruit and cheese plate. Finally, customers on overnight flights will be offered a breakfast bar prior to landing during the pre-arrival beverage service.
If you’re seated in a Delta Comfort+ seat on any of these 12 flights, you’ll also receive a pre-arrival snack basket, complimentary beer, wine and spirits. On Comfort+ flights between JFK and LAX/SFO, you’ll also receive a Greek frozen yogurt bar as a mid-flight snack on top of all the other Comfort+ perks.
While the Delta SkyMiles program is far from the best airline loyalty program, the airline consistently provides high-level customer service with a solid onboard experience on both domestic and international fights. These new complimentary meals for economy passengers are an added bonus that will likely keep customers very happy.
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
H/T: Delta News Hub
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees