Delta Details Complimentary Main Cabin Meals on Transcon Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this month, we reported that Delta would begin serving free meals to passengers seated in economy on transcon flights between New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO) beginning March 1. Today, the airline confirmed these plans and then some — Delta will be serving complimentary meals on an additional 10 transcon flights beginning a bit later in the spring on April 24, including:
- Boston (BOS) to Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA)
- Washington, DC (DCA) to Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (JFK) to Portland (PDX), San Diego (SAN), Seattle (SEA)
- Seattle (SEA) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Orlando (MCO), Raleigh Durham (RDU)
Menus will be dependent on the time of flight and will feature a variety of options. If you’re on a morning flight, you’ll be able to choose from a Honey Maple Breakfast Sandwich, Luvo Breakfast Medley or fruit and cheese plate. On daytime flights, you’ll have the option of a Mesquite-Smoked Turkey Combo, Luvo Mediterranean Whole Grain Veggie Wrap or fruit and cheese plate. Finally, customers on overnight flights will be offered a breakfast bar prior to landing during the pre-arrival beverage service.
If you’re seated in a Delta Comfort+ seat on any of these 12 flights, you’ll also receive a pre-arrival snack basket, complimentary beer, wine and spirits. On Comfort+ flights between JFK and LAX/SFO, you’ll also receive a Greek frozen yogurt bar as a mid-flight snack on top of all the other Comfort+ perks.
While the Delta SkyMiles program is far from the best airline loyalty program, the airline consistently provides high-level customer service with a solid onboard experience on both domestic and international fights. These new complimentary meals for economy passengers are an added bonus that will likely keep customers very happy.
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
H/T: Delta News Hub
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees