Delta’s Updated App Helps Travelers Navigate Airports
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta released an updated version of its smartphone app this week, and it now offers travelers with an iPhone access to their reservation information whether or not they have an internet connection. Once a trip is downloaded, travelers can access both their full itinerary and boarding passes at all times, even when the phone is in “airplane mode” or no internet connection is available. Similar features are expected for the Android release, coming in spring 2017.
With the new update, customers now have access to maps of 20 major airports in the US and around the world, including Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and London Heathrow (LHR). Passengers can access the maps simply by tapping on the code of their arrival airport on their digital boarding pass.
Once a map is pulled up on-screen, “wayfinding” technology powered by LocusLabs can help you search for food options, stores or a connecting gate. Preset search options include generic terms like “coffee” or “food,” along with more specific phrases such as “Sky Club.” After you select a destination, the app provides step-by-step directions to reach it. Delta and LocusLabs are working together to add additional international airports to the app by the spring, including the SkyTeam hubs of Amsterdam (AMS), Mexico City (MEX) and Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG).
These app updates come as Delta invests more in the customer experience. The airline also announced the expansion of complimentary main cabin meals for 12 transcontinental routes by April 24, 2017.
Featured image courtesy bradleypjohnson via Flickr.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.