This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta released an updated version of its smartphone app this week, and it now offers travelers with an iPhone access to their reservation information whether or not they have an internet connection. Once a trip is downloaded, travelers can access both their full itinerary and boarding passes at all times, even when the phone is in “airplane mode” or no internet connection is available. Similar features are expected for the Android release, coming in spring 2017.
With the new update, customers now have access to maps of 20 major airports in the US and around the world, including Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and London Heathrow (LHR). Passengers can access the maps simply by tapping on the code of their arrival airport on their digital boarding pass.
Once a map is pulled up on-screen, “wayfinding” technology powered by LocusLabs can help you search for food options, stores or a connecting gate. Preset search options include generic terms like “coffee” or “food,” along with more specific phrases such as “Sky Club.” After you select a destination, the app provides step-by-step directions to reach it. Delta and LocusLabs are working together to add additional international airports to the app by the spring, including the SkyTeam hubs of Amsterdam (AMS), Mexico City (MEX) and Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG).
These app updates come as Delta invests more in the customer experience. The airline also announced the expansion of complimentary main cabin meals for 12 transcontinental routes by April 24, 2017.
Featured image courtesy bradleypjohnson via Flickr.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards