Delta’s Updated App Helps Travelers Navigate Airports
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta released an updated version of its smartphone app this week, and it now offers travelers with an iPhone access to their reservation information whether or not they have an internet connection. Once a trip is downloaded, travelers can access both their full itinerary and boarding passes at all times, even when the phone is in “airplane mode” or no internet connection is available. Similar features are expected for the Android release, coming in spring 2017.
With the new update, customers now have access to maps of 20 major airports in the US and around the world, including Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and London Heathrow (LHR). Passengers can access the maps simply by tapping on the code of their arrival airport on their digital boarding pass.
Once a map is pulled up on-screen, “wayfinding” technology powered by LocusLabs can help you search for food options, stores or a connecting gate. Preset search options include generic terms like “coffee” or “food,” along with more specific phrases such as “Sky Club.” After you select a destination, the app provides step-by-step directions to reach it. Delta and LocusLabs are working together to add additional international airports to the app by the spring, including the SkyTeam hubs of Amsterdam (AMS), Mexico City (MEX) and Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG).
These app updates come as Delta invests more in the customer experience. The airline also announced the expansion of complimentary main cabin meals for 12 transcontinental routes by April 24, 2017.
Featured image courtesy bradleypjohnson via Flickr.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.