This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta released an updated version of its smartphone app this week, and it now offers travelers with an iPhone access to their reservation information whether or not they have an internet connection. Once a trip is downloaded, travelers can access both their full itinerary and boarding passes at all times, even when the phone is in “airplane mode” or no internet connection is available. Similar features are expected for the Android release, coming in spring 2017.
With the new update, customers now have access to maps of 20 major airports in the US and around the world, including Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and London Heathrow (LHR). Passengers can access the maps simply by tapping on the code of their arrival airport on their digital boarding pass.
Once a map is pulled up on-screen, “wayfinding” technology powered by LocusLabs can help you search for food options, stores or a connecting gate. Preset search options include generic terms like “coffee” or “food,” along with more specific phrases such as “Sky Club.” After you select a destination, the app provides step-by-step directions to reach it. Delta and LocusLabs are working together to add additional international airports to the app by the spring, including the SkyTeam hubs of Amsterdam (AMS), Mexico City (MEX) and Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG).
These app updates come as Delta invests more in the customer experience. The airline also announced the expansion of complimentary main cabin meals for 12 transcontinental routes by April 24, 2017.
Featured image courtesy bradleypjohnson via Flickr.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees