This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta released an updated version of its smartphone app this week, and it now offers travelers with an iPhone access to their reservation information whether or not they have an internet connection. Once a trip is downloaded, travelers can access both their full itinerary and boarding passes at all times, even when the phone is in “airplane mode” or no internet connection is available. Similar features are expected for the Android release, coming in spring 2017.
With the new update, customers now have access to maps of 20 major airports in the US and around the world, including Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and London Heathrow (LHR). Passengers can access the maps simply by tapping on the code of their arrival airport on their digital boarding pass.
Once a map is pulled up on-screen, “wayfinding” technology powered by LocusLabs can help you search for food options, stores or a connecting gate. Preset search options include generic terms like “coffee” or “food,” along with more specific phrases such as “Sky Club.” After you select a destination, the app provides step-by-step directions to reach it. Delta and LocusLabs are working together to add additional international airports to the app by the spring, including the SkyTeam hubs of Amsterdam (AMS), Mexico City (MEX) and Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG).
These app updates come as Delta invests more in the customer experience. The airline also announced the expansion of complimentary main cabin meals for 12 transcontinental routes by April 24, 2017.
Featured image courtesy bradleypjohnson via Flickr.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees