This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines’ Business Extra program is celebrating its 20th anniversary, and the carrier is offering a new promotion for the occasion: 650 bonus Business Extra points if you register and take at least one flight by March 31, 2017. That’s enough points for a confirmed segment upgrade on a flight within North America or from North America to Hawaii or the Caribbean.
Business Extra is a separate loyalty program from American’s AAdvantage, and it offers small businesses points based on revenue. Note that the program is for companies with two or more travelers, and it allows you to earn miles through you AAdvantage account in addition to points through Business Extra.
Every $10 spent earns you 2 points, and flight redemptions (within North America) start at 2,000 points (1,400 if you’re booking the American Airlines Shuttle between Boston, Washington Reagan and New York LaGuardia).
You can also redeem points for confirmed one-segment upgrades (between 650 and 3,100 points), to upgrade to Gold Status and/or to buy Admirals Club passes or membership. Plus, your Business Extra account can rack up points from multiple people. (Points do expire, on December 31 two years after the points were earned.)
For this promotion, register before you travel, and then take your flight within 30 days; the points should be in your account in the next six to eight weeks. And while the promo calls out Business Extra’s most popular redemption (the upgrade), you can redeem the points for whatever you want.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards