This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines’ Business Extra program is celebrating its 20th anniversary, and the carrier is offering a new promotion for the occasion: 650 bonus Business Extra points if you register and take at least one flight by March 31, 2017. That’s enough points for a confirmed segment upgrade on a flight within North America or from North America to Hawaii or the Caribbean.
Business Extra is a separate loyalty program from American’s AAdvantage, and it offers small businesses points based on revenue. Note that the program is for companies with two or more travelers, and it allows you to earn miles through you AAdvantage account in addition to points through Business Extra.
Every $10 spent earns you 2 points, and flight redemptions (within North America) start at 2,000 points (1,400 if you’re booking the American Airlines Shuttle between Boston, Washington Reagan and New York LaGuardia).
You can also redeem points for confirmed one-segment upgrades (between 650 and 3,100 points), to upgrade to Gold Status and/or to buy Admirals Club passes or membership. Plus, your Business Extra account can rack up points from multiple people. (Points do expire, on December 31 two years after the points were earned.)
For this promotion, register before you travel, and then take your flight within 30 days; the points should be in your account in the next six to eight weeks. And while the promo calls out Business Extra’s most popular redemption (the upgrade), you can redeem the points for whatever you want.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees