This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines’ Business Extra program is celebrating its 20th anniversary, and the carrier is offering a new promotion for the occasion: 650 bonus Business Extra points if you register and take at least one flight by March 31, 2017. That’s enough points for a confirmed segment upgrade on a flight within North America or from North America to Hawaii or the Caribbean.
Business Extra is a separate loyalty program from American’s AAdvantage, and it offers small businesses points based on revenue. Note that the program is for companies with two or more travelers, and it allows you to earn miles through you AAdvantage account in addition to points through Business Extra.
Every $10 spent earns you 2 points, and flight redemptions (within North America) start at 2,000 points (1,400 if you’re booking the American Airlines Shuttle between Boston, Washington Reagan and New York LaGuardia).
You can also redeem points for confirmed one-segment upgrades (between 650 and 3,100 points), to upgrade to Gold Status and/or to buy Admirals Club passes or membership. Plus, your Business Extra account can rack up points from multiple people. (Points do expire, on December 31 two years after the points were earned.)
For this promotion, register before you travel, and then take your flight within 30 days; the points should be in your account in the next six to eight weeks. And while the promo calls out Business Extra’s most popular redemption (the upgrade), you can redeem the points for whatever you want.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees