Earn 650 Bonus Business Extra Points on Your Next American Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines’ Business Extra program is celebrating its 20th anniversary, and the carrier is offering a new promotion for the occasion: 650 bonus Business Extra points if you register and take at least one flight by March 31, 2017. That’s enough points for a confirmed segment upgrade on a flight within North America or from North America to Hawaii or the Caribbean.
Business Extra is a separate loyalty program from American’s AAdvantage, and it offers small businesses points based on revenue. Note that the program is for companies with two or more travelers, and it allows you to earn miles through you AAdvantage account in addition to points through Business Extra.
Every $10 spent earns you 2 points, and flight redemptions (within North America) start at 2,000 points (1,400 if you’re booking the American Airlines Shuttle between Boston, Washington Reagan and New York LaGuardia).
You can also redeem points for confirmed one-segment upgrades (between 650 and 3,100 points), to upgrade to Gold Status and/or to buy Admirals Club passes or membership. Plus, your Business Extra account can rack up points from multiple people. (Points do expire, on December 31 two years after the points were earned.)
For this promotion, register before you travel, and then take your flight within 30 days; the points should be in your account in the next six to eight weeks. And while the promo calls out Business Extra’s most popular redemption (the upgrade), you can redeem the points for whatever you want.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.