This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Will someone please give this man a Father of the Year Award?
This dedicated Dad (who wishes to remain anonymous) didn’t want his daughter to miss out on Halloween fun because of their October 31 Virgin America flight from Boston (BOS) to San Francisco (SFO), so he brought trick-or-treating to her at 30,000 feet.
During the flight, he passed around candy to the other passengers with a note explaining that he’d love for them to get in on it as well. The note read:
“My three-year-old daughter, Molly, was bummed that she wouldn’t be able to go trick-or-treating this year due to this flight… so I decided to bring trick-or-treating to her. If you are willing, when my little donut comes down the aisle, please drop this in her basket. You’ll be making her Halloween! If you’re unwilling, no worries, just pass the treat back to me. Thanks so much!”
Others on board were eager to help out. One passenger, Stephanie Kahan, tweeted images of the note and of Molly coming around to collect candy, saying, “OMG, my heart is exploding right now,” and calling him “Dad of the year.” She later told The Boston Globe, “Everyone seemed to be really touched and excited to participate. It was a real heart warming moment.”
OMG, my heart is exploding right now. Dad of the year just passed out candy to everyone on the flight so his 3 year old could trick or treat pic.twitter.com/vfsAcYNrhr
— Stephanie Kahan (@stephaniekahan) November 1, 2016
Now if that doesn’t make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, I don’t know what will.
H/T: The Boston Globe
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards