Purchase Hilton Points for 0.5 Cents Apiece
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card, Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express
If you missed last month’s promotion for buying Hilton points with up to a 100% bonus, you currently have another chance to stock up on Honors rewards. The hotel chain’s running a “50% Off for the Holidays” sale on points purchases, which brings the cost down to the same 0.5 cents-per-point rate available through the October promo. You have until 11:59pm EST on December 5 to take advantage of this offer.
Hilton Honors points typically cost 1 cent apiece, so this sale provides a good opportunity to stock up at a discount. TPG pegs this rewards currency at 0.5 cents per point, so you won’t be paying more than the points are worth based on our conservative valuations. Note that you must purchase at least 10,000 points to get the 50% discount, and you can buy up to 160,000 points if you haven’t purchased any yet this year.
If you’re short on Honors points and need to boost your account balance ahead of an award redemption, now could be a good time to do so since you’ll be paying less. While you can stretch your rewards quite far at lower-level Hilton properties that go for as few as 5,000 points per night, redeeming points for a stay at higher-tier hotels can also yield solid value. For example, a stay at the Category 8 Conrad Miami in early February costs about $429 or 70,000 Honors points per night — equal to about 0.6 cents per point. It’s not an earth-shattering value, but it’ll cost you $700 to buy the 140,000 points required for two nights, vs. the $858 you’d pay out of pocket for the same reservation.
Keep in mind that you can also stock up on Honors points by signing up for a co-branded credit card. Now through November 30, you’ll earn 100,000 points with the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express ($75 annual fee) after you spend $3,000 in the first three months. Plus, the no-fee Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card is currently offering a sign-up bonus of 75,000 points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months — it’s unclear when this offer will end, so act sooner than later if you’re interested.
If you have a Hilton redemption in mind — especially one with high cash rates — this current buy-points offer could help you save on your stay. You’ll be paying half the usual rate for these rewards, which is definitely a nice discount, but it’s probably not worth jumping on this sale if the points will just be gathering dust in your Honors account.
Will you be buying Hilton points with this current promo?
Featured image courtesy of the Conrad Miami.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees