This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Planning to fly American Airlines this holiday season? Get priority check-in, priority boarding, preferred seats and a free checked bag thanks to this offer from Air Berlin. Now through November 30, register to get free Air Berlin Silver (Oneworld Ruby) status for four months.
The offer page is only in German. If you aren’t fluent, use an in-browser translate feature or Google Translate to understand the offer.
Air Berlin is a partner of American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific and around a dozen more Oneworld airlines. For the four months your Air Berlin Silver status is active, you’ll get a handful of benefits on all of these airlines — including priority check-in, preferred seating and standby priority.
In addition, American Airlines will also grant Oneworld Ruby members one free checked bag on all AA flights. Unfortunately, you can’t stack this benefit with the first free checked bag benefit from the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard, CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard and Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard credit cards to get two (or more) free checked bags.
This is a much cheaper way of getting Ruby status than paying American Airlines for AA Gold status. And, American Airlines Gold status doesn’t get you much more in benefits — just upgrade perks (at least in theory) and bonus miles when crediting flights to American Airlines. For the casual Oneworld flyer, the free perks from this Air Berlin offer should be enough to avoid some extra costs and save time in the airport.
This is a no-brainer offer for those without American Airlines status who are planning to fly AA — or another Oneworld airline — over the next few months. The carrier could pull this offer at any time, so jump on it while it’s still available.
H/T: View From The Wing
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 75,000 miles are worth $1,050. In addition, you can earn 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) toward elite status after spending $40,000 in a calendar year. As of July 23, 2017 this is the only card that offers Admirals Club lounge access so if you are an AA flyer this card might make sense for you. Aside from lounge access the primary cardholder will receive a Global Entry application fee credit every 5 years, first checked bag free for up to 8 travel companions on domestic itineraries and a 25% discount on eligible in-flight purchases on American Airlines flights.
- Limited time offer: Earn 75,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $7,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening*
- Admirals Club® membership for you and access for guests traveling with you*
- Complimentary Admirals Club® lounge access for authorized users
- Earn 10,000 AAdvantage® Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) after you spend $40,000 in purchases within the year*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to 8 companions traveling with you on the same reservation*