This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Chase Sapphire Reserve
Last week, Chase introduced the much-anticipated Sapphire Reserve Card, and I was fortunate enough to receive my card a couple days later. The perks are absolutely fantastic (we detail them here), and include a $300 travel credit issued each calendar year.
Unlike with competing premium travel rewards cards, however, the Reserve card’s $300 credit applies to any travel purchase, so I decided to take it for a spin with United’s “award accelerator” option. I ended up purchasing 45,000 United miles for $900 (a reasonable 2 cents per mile), which I could end up using toward a redemption in United’s soon-to-be-released Polaris business class (pictured above).
Much to my surprise, the credit posted instantly — as in, it hit my account the very same day the $900 purchase posted. That means you won’t need to make an eligible purchase and pay it off only to get the credit a few weeks later. And while a potential delay wouldn’t be a “make it or break it” detail, it’s certainly better to have your credit sooner than later.
Have a question about the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card? Check out our Q&A. See these posts for more:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve Review and Application Link
- Questions and Answers About the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card
- Everything You Need to Know About Chase Sapphire Reserve Perks
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Chase Sapphire Reserve: Benefits, Coverage & More
How have you used your $300 annual travel credit?
This is one of the top premium cards out there since you earn 3x on all travel and dining and have access to great perks like a $300 travel credit each cardmember year, 50% more value when you redeem points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards and you get elite travel benefits like Global Entry application fee rebate, Priority Pass Select and special rental car privileges.
- Earn 50K bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- Named a ‘Best Travel Credit Card for 2017’ by MONEY® Magazine
- 3X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Plus, no foreign transaction fees
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®