This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On a recent Cebu Pacific Air flight between Dubai (DXB) to Manila (MNL), a pregnant woman went into labor more than five weeks early and delivered a child with the help of two nurses onboard and the flight crew. After baby Haven was delivered, the flight diverted to Hyderabad, India (HYD) so she could receive further medical attention.
— Cebu Pacific Air (@CebuPacificAir) August 17, 2016
According to the airline, this is the first time a baby has been delivered onboard one of its flights. To celebrate the momentous occasion, baby Haven was gifted a whopping 1,000,000 miles that can be used by she and her family. It’s safe to say that Haven is the youngest points millionaire in the world!
How should baby Haven redeem her 1,000,000 miles from Cebu Pacific Air?
The Points Guy Assessment:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great pick for the beginner and the frequent traveler. The CSP has superb travel benefits, double points on certain purchases, and a 50,000 point sign up bonus. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year so this puts it as one of the less expensive cards, while still allowing you to earn one of the most valuable point currencies.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards