This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel. Additionally, keep in mind that discounted partner fares may not earn miles with US-based carriers.
Last week, Delta was offering insane business-class deals from a handful of US cities to Europe, with fares starting at just $1,058 round-trip. Unfortunately those fares are long gone, but if you’re able to fly from the New York City area, today’s deal is almost as appealing.
Delta is currently offering exceptional fares from United’s Newark hub to many European destinations, with prices ranging from $1,166 (Istanbul) to $1,539 (Munich) round-trip. You can also fly business to Dubai for $2,549 round-trip. These deals are available for travel between October 2016 and March 2017, so you have quite a bit of flexibility. Complete your search on Google Flights and head to Delta’s website to book.
Routes: Newark to Europe
Cost: $1,166+ round-trip in business class
Dates: October 2016 – March 2017
Booking Link: Orbitz
Pay With: Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are some examples of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Istanbul (IST) for $1,166 round-trip in business class on Delta:
Newark (EWR) to Lisbon (LIS) for $1,498 round-trip in business class on Delta:
Newark (EWR) to Zurich (ZRH) for $1,519 round-trip in business class on Delta:
Newark (EWR) to Athens (ATH) for $1,523 round-trip in business class on Delta:
Newark (EWR) to Munich (MUC) for $1,539 round-trip in business class on Delta:
Newark (EWR) to Dubai (DXB) for $2,549 round-trip in business class on Delta:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
H/T: View from the Wing
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards