This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Great news: Uber’s now expanding the breadth of its service in Southern California and Mexico. Travelers will now be able to take nonstop rides from California to Tijuana — a journey that previously required two separate rides and a border crossing on foot.
Unfortunately, due to local laws and regulations, travelers will only be able to enter Mexico through Uber, and must find another way back since a nonstop return with the ridesharing service is currently prohibited. You can, however, get around this by getting a ride to the Mexico side of the border, crossing on foot and hailing another Uber ride once you’re back on American soil.
If you haven’t signed up for Uber yet, you can join here and get your first ride free (up to $15).
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.