Norwegian Air Adds Three Nonstop Flights from the US to Paris
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Norwegian Air is continuing its expansion across the Atlantic Ocean, becoming an even larger player in the US travel market. In 2015, the airline announced it was adding nonstop service from the Northeast (Baltimore [BWI], Boston [BOS] and New York [JFK]) to the Caribbean (Guadeloupe Islands [PTP] and Martinique [FDF]) — and starting one-way tickets were really cheap! Then, later last year, the airline made an exciting announcement that caught the ears of most US travelers in that it would begin offering $69 flights from the US to Europe as soon as 2017.
And now, Norwegian is continuing its expansion into the US market by announcing three new routes from the US to Paris’ Charles de Gaulle Airport. The three new routes, from New York-JFK (beginning July 29), Los Angeles (LAX; beginning July 30) and Fort Lauderdale (FLL; beginning August 4) will be operated by the airline’s new 787 Dreamliners. Once the service launches later this year, Norwegian will have 38 routes from US airports, with more nonstop routes than any of its European competitors, including destinations such as Las Vegas, Oakland and Orlando, among others.
Not only are the new routes a great, new way for travelers to get across the Atlantic Ocean, but they’re also cheap — extremely cheap. Norwegian announced that it will kick off the new route with one-way fares starting at just $175 from the US to Paris, with taxes included. During summer peak periods (until the beginning of September), prices will be higher and vary depending on origin, but are still much less expensive than its competitors’ offerings.
Don’t forget that if you plan to book a flight on Norwegian, you can oftentimes save a significant amount of money by booking on the Norwegian version of the site. You’ll have to go through the prompts in Norwegian, but it can save you big time in the end when converting fares from Norwegian Krone (NOK) to US dollars.
The same flight (LAX-CDG) is going for 1,398 Krone during the same month when booking on the Norwegian version of the site, which is about $163 — definitely hard to beat for a one-way flight from Los Angeles to Paris. By comparison, return flights from Paris to Los Angeles will run you about $230 during off-peak periods, so it’s possible to book a round-trip flight for less than $400, including all taxes. Note that you will need to pay for things like checked luggage, seat assignments and meals.
The JFK-CDG route will run four times weekly (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday), whereas the LAX-CDG route will run two times per week (Tuesday and Saturday) and the FLL-CDG will run once per week (Thursday). Norwegian currently has flights out of Paris’ Orly International Airport (ORY) to five destinations in Scandinavia, but these new Paris routes will be operated out of CDG because of available slots at the airport.
Both TPG Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig and TPG himself were impressed with Norwegian’s premium product when they flew from New York to Oslo and London to New York, respectively. Overall, this sounds like a great deal and a bright sign of things to come for US travelers, as low-cost Norwegian Air plans to further extend its US route network in the near future.
H/T: USA Today
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees