Introducing TPG Managing Editor Eric Rosen
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hi everyone. I wanted to introduce you to a friend and colleague whom you’ll be seeing more frequently around The Points Guy, Eric Rosen.
I’ll still be the one giving you the daily news and my best picks for promos, deals, specials and credit cards, but you’re going to notice some great changes as The Points Guy grows. We’re going to refresh the blog format so you can find all the valuable information you need easier, as well as bringing you a lot of new content with more posts from expert contributors. Eric will help me manage all the new content and contribute from time to time as well.
Eric is an accomplished travel writer who’s known me since before I started The Points Guy. Over the past several years, he has written for several different travel publications and websites, and his work has appeared in the LA Times, LA Confidential Magazine, HotelChatter, Jaunted, JustLuxe, Jetsetter, and many others. In the past year alone, he’s racked up miles flying to Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and South America—many of them several times—not to mention his busy domestic travel agenda. You can check out his most recent articles on his own website: Eric the Epicure. His background is in food and wine (when he’s home in LA, he’s a restaurant reviewer), so he’s going to be a great resource as we add more Trip Report content that speaks to those real, authentic and unique travel moments that make the points game worthwhile.
I encourage you to get to know him as you see his byline here and there across the site. I know he’s looking forward to interacting with all of you, so look out for his upcoming posts on the trip he’ll be taking to New Zealand in November in business class aboard Air New Zealand’s new 777-300. He’ll be staying at hotels both large and small, like the Langham Auckland and the boutique Otahuna Lodge in Waipara, as well as visiting vineyards in Marlborough and Central Otago, kayaking in Milford Sound and hiking the glaciers of the South Island (plus I think there’s a bungee jump involved somewhere, so let’s send him good thoughts!).
Feel free to ask him questions about other destinations you’re interested in, since he stays up on all the cool news and current events. In the meantime, those of you coming to the Chicago Seminar this weekend will get the chance to meet him in person, so be sure to stop by and say hello.
I’m really excited to have Eric on the team helping me bring you a lot of fantastic new content, so stay tuned!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees