This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last month, United announced it was celebrating 90 years by giving away 90,000 miles to 90 people through the United Airlines at 90 Sweepstakes. And now, the airline is celebrating 35 years of its United MileagePlus program. In honor of the milestone, United is offering discounted round-trip flights to Hawaii — but only if you book today. The deal is good for travel between June 1 and November 18, 2016.
— United (@united) May 6, 2016
Normally, a one-way award ticket from the mainland US to Hawaii is 22,500 miles in economy, however, pricing with the discount is just 17,500 miles. You must book a round-trip ticket in order to get the discount, and awards in premium cabins aren’t discounted.
A round-trip ticket from Los Angeles (LAX) to Kahului (OGG) will cost 35,000 miles + $11.20, whereas the normal price of the same ticket is 45,000 miles + $86.20. With the sale, you’ll save a total of 10,000 miles and $75.
If you’ve been planning on visiting Hawaii, now could be a good opportunity to do so. However, you must act quick, as the promotion is only good for today. Don’t forget you can transfer Ultimate Rewards points from a card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred to United. Your Ultimate Rewards points will transfer to United instantaneously, so if you have enough UR points, you could be on your way to Hawaii at a discounted rate.
H/T: View from the Wing
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards